[JPL] PLAYLIST: Bright Moments KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 05-04-09

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon May 4 06:02:55 EDT 2009

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, May 4, 2009

0000-0200

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

 Roy Haynes (w/Rahsaan Roland Kirk) – Snap Crackle – A Life in Time – Koch

Graham Haynes – R.H. (for Roy Haynes) – The Griots Footsteps – Antilles

Von Freeman – White Sand – Doin' It Right Now – Atlantic (vinyl)

Chico Freeman – Freedom Swing Song – Peaceful Heart, Gentle Spirit –
Contemporary (vinyl)

 (N) Roswell Rudd – Sand in My Slide Shuffle – Trombone Tribe – Sunnyside

(N) Rob Mazurek – Dragon Kites – Sound Is – Delmark

Brad Goode – Shock of the New – Polytonal Dance Party – Origin

 (NW) Andrew Drury – Salal – A Momentary Lapse – Innova

(N) Rakalam Bob Moses – Our Life – Father's Day B'hash – Sunnyside

 Revolutionary Snake Ensemble – White Wedding – Forked Tongue – Cuneiform

(N) Jon Irabagon's Outright! - Oddjob – Jon Irabagon's Outright! - Innova

(N) (NW) Tom Baker Quartet – After the End of Time – Save – Present Sounds

The Pee Wee Russell Quartet – Red Planet – New Groove – Columbia (vinyl)

 Amina Claudine Myers – Do You Wanna Be Saved? - Circle of Time – Black
Saint

(N) Charles Tolliver Big Band – I Want to Talk About You – Emperor March:
Live at the Blue Note – Half Note

 (N) Satolo Fujii/Myra Melford – Utsubo – Under the Water – Libra

 (N) = new release

(NW) = Pacific Northwest related artist