[JPL] Question re: Amazon/trying to find a contact

deanna witkowski deannawit at earthlink.net
Mon May 4 14:59:51 EDT 2009

Hello, JPLers-

I hope that you will allow and forgive a post that is not
directly about radio. If any of you have contacts that might
help with the Amazon problem that I describe below, please
contact me directly at deannawit at earthlink.net.

Most of you know that on April 7th, I self-released a new
disc,  From This Place. I had an interview on NPR's Weekend Edition
Sunday
on April 12th- and I fully expected the disc to sell a ton of
copies. As an individual, I provide Amazon with stock through their
Advantage program, and advised them in advance of the interview- so they
placed a stock-up order of 200 copies to be prepared for April 12th.

 From This Place was on the top 100 vocal jazz bestsellers
list at Amazon for four days after the interview aired. However,
my daily sales reports since April 12th state that to date I have
sold 46 copies of the disc. This can't be right- I've filled out
the Advantage service forms about four times now,
and never get a real answer as to what is going on. My sales
rank for FTP is currently much higher than my sales rank for
my 2003 CD, Wide Open Window-- and when that earlier CD
was released (and I was on a label), I also had an interview on
the same NPR program, and was told that I'd sold
500 units of that disc within the first 24 hours of the interview.
So, the current reports for FTP just don't add up.

I say all this because there is obviously some mistake in the
sales reports that I am receiving at Amazon-- and I'm also concerned
that they are in all likelihood out of discs and don't really have the
title in stock at all of their warehouses. There is no contact number
for me to talk to a live person at Amazon-- it's like filling out
customer
service forms and getting a different person with a non-helping answer
each time.

Do any of you know anyone affiliated with Amazon who I could contact?
I would be eternally grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance (and thanks for reading such a long message, too)-
Deanna
http://deannajazz.com
http://myspace.com/deannamusic