[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Monday May 4

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon May 4 22:14:16 EDT 2009

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public Radio.

WCVE-FM Jazz playlist Monday May 4, 2009

(Gershwin) *Of Thee I Sing* – *Stan Getz: The Best of the West Coast
Sessions* – Verve – 314 537 084-2

(Thad Jones)* Tiptoe* – *Consummation* – Thad Jones – Blue Note – 7243 5
38226 2 0

(Joe Ricardel, Redd Evans) *The Frim Fram Sauce* - *The Legendary Decca
Recordings* – Ella Fitzgerald – Decca Jazz – GRD-4-648

(Arlen) *Get Happy* –* The Complete Pacific Jazz and Capitol Recirdungs of
the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette with Chet Baker *– Mosaic
Records – 102 Disc III

(Bob Haynes) *You for Me* – *Haunted Heart* – Hilary Kole – Justin Time –
JTR 8543-2

(Victor Young) *Delilah –* *The Best of Wes Montgomery *– Riverside – RCD
5705- 2

(Kaper, Washington) *On Green Dolphin Street* – *Kind of Blue* – Miles Davis
– Columbia/Legacy – 88697 45885 2

8:01 NPR News

(Sonny Burk, Peggy Lee) *He’s a Tramp* / (Sonny Burk, Peggy Lee) *The
Siamese Cat Song *– *Peggy Lee: The Best of the Decca Years* – MCA/Decca –
MCAD 11571

(Bock, Holofcener, Weiss) *Too Close for Comfort* – *The Art of Pepper* -
The Complete Art Pepper laddin Recordings – Blue Note – CDP 7 46853 2

(Steve Davis) *Fourty-Four* – *Return of the Lineup* – One for All – Sharp
Nine – CD-1042-2

(Eddie Harris) *Listen Here* – *Eddie Harris: Greater Than the Sum of His
Parts* – 32Jazz – 32067

(Hank Mobley) *Smokin’ *– *Workout* – Hank Mobley – Blue Note – CDP 7 84080
2

(Rafael Hernandez) *Cumbanchero* – *El Arte Del Sabor* – Bebo Valdes – Blue
Note – 7243 5 35193 2 2

(Warren, Dubin) *You’re Getting to Be a Habit with Me* – *I Can’t Help It *–
Betty Carter – Impulse – GRD-114

(Lerner and Loewe) *On the Street Where You Live* – *My Fair Lady Loves Jazz
* – Billy Taylor - Impulse – GRD-141

9:01 NPR News

(Ellington, Kemp) *Hello Little Girl* –* Jazz Party *– Duke Ellington –
Columbia – CK 40712

(Oliver Nelson) *Stolen Moments* – *Blues and the Abtract Truth* – Oliver Ne

(James Black) *Magnolia Triangle *– *Mark Turner* – Warner Brothers – 9
46701-2

(Gershwin) *Bess You Is My Woman* –* Oscar Plays Porgy and Bess *– Oscar
Peterson – Verve – 314 519 807-2

(Gillsepie, Paparelli) *Night in Tunisia* – *The Modern Jazz Quartet At
Music Inn Volume 2* – Atlantic – 1299-2

(Ray Brown, Herb Ellis) *Blues for Janet  *– *Nothing But the Blues* – Herb
Ellis – Verve – 314 521 674-2

(Jimmy Greene) *Fathers and Sons* – *Mission** Statement* – Jimmy Greene –
Raz Daz / Sunnyside – SSC-4608