[JPL] Average Song Length

Blaise Lantana blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Tue May 5 20:22:03 EDT 2009

3 to 12 minutes, except for Grant Green, a couple are 14, and an Ellington
Suite would be longer, or a Coltrane cut or two. I have some Art Tatum that
is barely a minute that I play as well.  A lot of the Charlie Parker is
around 3 minutes.
I guess the new stuff is usually under 12, I'd say mostly 4 to 8 minutes.  I
like a CD that gives me a choice so if there are long 15 minute cuts, I'm
hoping they put something like a 4 or 5 in there as well.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix

I'm gathering information on jazz radio and I'm hoping someone(s) on
the list may be able to help with a playlist question which is - what
is the average jazz song length on the radio?

Please get back to me off list...

thanks,

Mike