[JPL] Question re: Amazon/trying to find a contact

richard gangi straightwithchaser at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 12:03:29 EDT 2009

Deanna,

In responce to your please for a better understanding as to why you have not seen the sales you expected...

I am a Christian, and also a Jazz director for a station in Melbourne Florida, which now has been reduced to Jazz only on three evenings a week....

As you are aware, we recieve anywhere from 50 to 150 releases a month, from major lables, distributors and independants as well....

it is so hard to give all of the releases the attention they deserve....but in your case - noting your spiritual foundation, i was more than excited to review the cd and ready it for broadcast....

unfortunatley - even though you have an excellant band and production on your hands...your singing is not strong enough for consistant play on any of our shows formats...this is not a criticism, there are some very strong vocalists out there...and far greater a number that are not as good as you...

but i felt compelled to reply to your request for information....i am sorry if this is not the truth you were looking for, but i offer it to you as my way of letting you know that while your inspiration is pure, your vocals lacked the passion that would have raised the recording into playlist status...

keep up the good work, and as a positive note...the musicianship was stunning...

Regards,
Rich Gangi

Director of Jazz Programming
and Host of "Straight with Chaser"