[JPL] Top Releases of 1959

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Wed May 6 17:15:56 EDT 2009

I did a few on a '59 retrospective show a couple of weeks ago which also
included:
Ornette Coleman - Shape of Jazz to Come
Horace Silver - Blowing the Blues Away
Gerry Mulligan Meets Ben Webster
John Coltrane - Giant Steps
Thelonious Monk Big Band - Live at Town Hall

And a few others but these certainly deserve inclusion in a '59 classics
list.... N

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:09 PM, TomtheJazzman
<tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com>wrote:

> We have all hear about several of the TOP releases of 1959:
> Miles David - Kind Of Blue
> Dave Brubeck - Time Out
> Charles Mingus -AH UM
> Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain
> Miles Davis - Miles Ahead
>
> Please add to the list others from 1959 that were favorites of yours.  Many
> of these have endured for 50 years even though they had bad press in 1959.
>  An example was Gil Evans working with Miles on Miles Ahead.
>
> ALOHA
> Tom

====
Nou Dadoun