[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Wed 5-06

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed May 6 21:53:18 EDT 2009

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday May 6, 2009

(Silver) Doodlin’ – Horace Silver and the Jazz Messengers – Blue Note
– CDP 7 46140 2

(Pete La Roca) Candu – Basra – Pete La Roca – Blue Note – CDP 7243

(Yusef Lateef) Listen to the Wind – Yusef Lateef Live at Pep’s –
Impulse – 314 547 961-2

(Cole Porter) What Is This Thing Called Love – The Definitive George
Shearing – Verve – 341 589 857-2

(James P Johnson) Fascination – Doin’ the Voom Voom – Duke Heitger and
Bernd Lhotzky – Arbors – ARCD 19382

(Louis Prima) Sing Sing Sing – Anita O’Day Sings the Winners – Verve –
837 939-2

(Ellington) Rocks in My Bed – Charles Brown: Los Angeles 1946 – JSP – 7707B

(Ropollo, Mares, Morton, Melrose) Milenberg Joys – Early Black Swing –
McKinney’s Cotton Pickers – Bluebird – 9583-2-RB

(Jimmy Hamilton) Blues for Clarinet – The Blue Note Swingtets – Blue
Note – CDP 7243 4 95697 2 0

(Billy Strayhorn) Take the A Train – Study in Brown – Clifford Brown
and Max Roach -  EmArcy – 814 646-2

(Count Basie, Jimmy Rushing) Goin’ to Chicago – The Scene Live in New
York – High Note – HCD 7196

8:01 NPR News

(Adam Shulman) Take Notice – Patterns of Change – Adam Shulman – Kabocha – B019

(Ornette Coleman) Toy Dance – New York Is Now – Ornette Coleman – Blue
Note – CDP 7 84287 2

(John Lennon and Paul McCartney) Eleanor Rigby - Work to Do – Carl
Allen & Rodney Whitaker – Mack Avenue Records – MAC 1045

(Jimmy Greene) Fathers and Sons – Mission Statement – Jimmy Greene –
Raz Daz / Sunnyside – SSC 4608

(Booker Little) We Speak – Booker Little Out Front – Candid Music – CD 9027

(Jerome Kern, Johnny Mercer) Dearly Beloved – Manhattan Moods – McCoy
Tyner & Bobby Hutcherson – Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 28423 2 3

(Bob Dylan) Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues – The Soul of Nina Simone -
RCA/Legacy – 82876 71973 2

9:01 NPR News

(Ellington, Barney Bigard) Saturday Night Function / (Ellington,
Miley) Doin’ the Voom Voom – The Duke Ellington Centennial Edition:
The Complete RCA Victpr Recordings (1927-1973) – Bluebird –
09026-63386-2

(C. Williams, C. Smith, T. Brymn) If You Don’t I Know Who Will –
Bessie Smith: The Complete Recordings Volume One Disc One –
Columbia/Legacy – C2K 47091

(Johnson, Porter) Hot Tempered Blues – Early Black Swing: The Birth of
Big Band Jazz – Charlie Johnson and His Paradise Ten - 9583-2 RB

(D. Raye, H. Prince) Rhumboogie – Tommy Dorsey: The Sentimental
Gentleman of Swing – Bluebird/Legacy – 828767 11672

(Willemetz, Charles, Yvain) Mon Homme – Greatest Hits – Sidney Bechet
– RCA Victor – 7432154063-2

(John Coltrane) Blue Train – Blue Train – John Coltrane – Blue Note –
CDP 7243 8 53428 0 6

(Rodgers and Hart) The Lady Is a Tramp – Marion McPartland on 52nd
Street – Savoy Jazz – 92880-2

(Jim Hall) Little Blues – Panorama – Jim Hall with Art Farmer – Telarc
– CD-83408

(Kurt Weill, Ira Gershwin) My Ship – The Best of June Christy –
Capitol Jazz – CDP 7243 8 53922 2

(Count Basie, Lester Young) Dickie’s Dream –– Columbia – CK 40835 The
Essential Count Basie Volume 2