[JPL] Access To JPL

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Wed May 6 22:21:26 EDT 2009

On 5/6/09 9:49 PM, EdBride at aol.com wrote:
> Gotta be careful, trying to be a non-profit advocacy group.

Advocacy is really the wrong word ... support is probably better.

On 5/6/09 10:15 PM, TomtheJazzman wrote:
> Not for PROFIT really has nothing to do with charging in one sense of
> it.  You spend money for whatever you do, just don't have money in
> excess of your expenses unless you want a visit by the IRS.

Indeed.  That's why I can't go into a whole lot now.  I can't keep doing
it as-is and I can't expect volunteers to help a for-profit (at least in
theory) operation.  And I don't want to see it just go away.

But a community-supported operation that's run by the community --
that's something doable.  If everyone out there was able to collaborate
year-round in a sort of perpetual virtual conference, then there'd be
much more material to share and much more momentum.