[JPL] Nichelle Nichols

Dr. Jazz drjazz at drjazz.com
Thu May 7 14:24:00 EDT 2009

 From imdb.com:

Discovered by Duke Ellington </name/nm0254153/> in her mid-teens, she
toured with both Ellington and Lionel Hampton </name/nm0359019/> as a
lead singer and dancer. Decades later, in 1992, she went back to her
singing "roots", starring in a dramatic one-woman musical show called
"Reflections", in which she became 12 separate song legends. She was
also able to use her singing skills a few times in the "Star Trek"
</title/tt0060028/> (1966) series'.