[JPL] Thoughts after WEMU's BMI week

Tucson Jazz Radio tucsonjazzradio at hotmail.com
Thu May 7 23:37:27 EDT 2009

Hey Jazz Friends,

I was in Detroit last week for The Baker's Keyboard Lounge 75th Anniversary. Had a chance to listen to my old friends at WEMU as I bounced around Ypsi and Ann Arbor for a few days. Still such a great broadcast. Nice mix of the classics and some modern stuff. I am no fan of the Smooth and was glad to hear some non Jazz choices that stayed away from blatant smooth pop. Congrats to Linda and the team for keeping the tradition alive but also keeping up with the times.

BTW... Baker's needs our help. Without a good summer of sales, John may have to close the doors. This Jazz Cathedral most continue on. Please frequent Baker's and bring your friends. It's the oldest continually running Jazz Club in the world. Now that's tradition!

Tony Frank - Founder/Director

Tucson Jazz Radio

TucsonJazzRadio.org

520-551-7055