[JPL] No Free Lunch

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Fri May 8 07:27:18 EDT 2009

Bill Barton wrote:
> KBCS does what any community or public station does to raise funds.  Okay,
> if you think that I'm asking for a "free lunch" by posting playlists here,
> I'll desist.  Are you in charge of the list?  What exactly are the operating
> costs for the list?
>
> Bill Barton

Hi Bill,

In the years that I have known Tom, I have known him to be a passionate
supporter of this music. He is not in charge of this list, as far as I
know and so he can't tell you to stop posting. Please don't stop.

I don't see that any one has just asked the question that perhaps needs
to be asked. I use PClinuxos on my laptop. I am a member of their
mailing list. They ask that every member of the list make a free will
donation once a year. It's not required nor do they ask for a specific
amount. I make a contribution every year, usually between $25 and $50.
So if money is the problem with the continuation of this list, I would
suggest we use a system like that.

I would be happy to make a contribution and I've noticed that several
others have also said that they would be willing to contribute.

The question is simply, would you be willing to make a small annual
contribution to sustain the JPL?

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston