[JPL] No Free Lunch

POWDERSPAM at aol.com POWDERSPAM at aol.com
Fri May 8 07:39:30 EDT 2009

bill, please continue posting your lists. members have simply  been
expressing their thoughts about what to do about the JPL financially,  and many
people here value the playlists.
other radio publications like FMQB and CMJ charge radio stations an annual
subscription fee of several hundred dollars that allows them to post/submit
 their playlists, and stations gladly pay it because it leads to more CD
servicing and a higher profile within the community (record and promo people
pay  similar fees to access that info). Jazzweek has been allowing radio to
post  playlists for free on the JPL and people have become accustomed to it.
the  larger unresolved question is about making Jazzweek more financially
solvent,  but no one has said that you have to stop posting your playlists.
but if you  contributed something annually it would undoubtedly be welcomed.
thank you.

david  avery

Tom:

KBCS does what any community or public station does to  raise funds.  Okay,
if you think that I'm asking for a "free lunch" by  posting playlists here,
I'll desist.  Are you in charge of the  list?  What exactly are the
operating
costs for the list?

Bill  Barton