[JPL] Fw: Dobbin's Den # 728 May 10, 2009

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri May 8 14:22:25 EDT 2009

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 728
On today's edition we spotlight some earlier bop / vocalise and the recordings that inspired them.
DOBBIN'S DEN [#728]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
May 10, 2009

CANNONBALL ADDERLEY

LIVE AT MONTEREY 1960 [STATUS]

Big "P"

WOODY HERMAN

THE THUNDERING HERDS [COLUMBIA]

Four Brothers

DAVE LAMBERT, HENDRICKS & ROSS

IMPROVISATIONS FOR THE HUMAN VOICE [CHERRY RED]

Four Brothers (Dave Lambert Singers & Jon Hendricks)
Farmer's Market (Annie Ross)

Jackie (Annie Ross)

Jolly Jo (Dave Lambert Singers + Jo Stafford)

What's This? (Lambert & Buddy Stewart with Gene Krupa)

WARDELL GRAY

1950-1955 [CLASSICS]

Farmer's Market

Jackie

SWING MASTERS

VOL. 3 - GENE KRIPA.JAZZ PIONEER [DARE]

Opus One (featuring Janis Siegel]

HELEN MERRILL

HOMAGE TO CLIFFORD BROWN [VERVE]

I'll Be Seeing You

CLIFFORD BROWN

THE COMPLETE QUEBEC JAZZ SESSION [RLR]

Brownie talks

*Strike Up The Band

BRIAN KELLOCK

THE NINE MILE BURN SESSIONS [THICK SKINNED]

Don't You Care To Know

FIONNA DUNCAN - BRIAN KELLOCK

YOUNG AND FOOLISH [TENTOTEN]

I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart

HINDA HOFFMAN

YOU ARE THERE [H.H.]

I Ain't Got Nothin' But The Blues

MOON AND SAND [EXPUNGED]

Flower Medley

(Lotus Blossom / A Flower Is Lovesome Thing)

I Got It Bad

DUKE ELLINGTON

LIVE AT MONTEREY 1960 PART 1 [STATUS]

Jeep's Blues

NORMAND GUILBEAULT ENSEMBLE

HOMMAGE A MINGUS - LIVE AT UPSTAIRS [AMB. MAGNETIQUE]

*Eclipse (Karen Young)

JULIE LAMONTAGNE

NOW WHAT [JUSTIN TIME]

Lost In The Cycle (Donny McCaslin)

ADRIAN VEDADY

IN THREE ACTS [ELEPHANT]

*Little Sketch

DARCY JAMES ARGUE

INFERNAL MACHINES [Ic]

Transit

THE JAZZ CONCEPTIONS ORCHESTRA [IVI]

THE JAZZ CONCEPTIONS ORCHESTRA

Gemini

CANADIAN CONTENT: 4 OF 24

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)