[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Fri 5-08

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri May 8 22:03:52 EDT 2009

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday May 11, 2009

(Pearson, Brown) Jeanine – Blue ‘n’ Groovy – Donald Byrd – Blue Note –
0777 7 80679 2 4

(Gershwin, Heyward) Summertime – Nobody Else But Me – Stan Getz –
Verve – 314 521 660-2

(Derrick Gardner) We Jazz June – Echoes of Ethnicity – Derrick Gardner
- Owl Studios – 00129

(Joe Lovano) Powerhouse – Folk Art – Joe Lovano – Blue Note – 0946 3 91528 2 7

(Clifford, Barris) I Surrender Dear – Brilliant Corners – Thelonious
Monk – Riverside – OJCCD-026-2

(Billy Kyle) No Blues at All – The John Kirby Sextet: The Complete
Columbia & RCA Victor Recordings – Definitive Records – DTRCD 11168

(Basie) Super Chief – The Essential Count Basie Volume 2 – Columbia – CK 40835

Mellow Mama Blues – Mellow Mama – Dinah Washington – Delmark/Apollo – DD-451

(Heyman, Young) When I Fall in Love – 4, 5, and 6 – Jackie McLean –
Prestige – OJCCD-056-2

8:01 NPR News

(Wayne Shorter) Ping Pong - Blue ‘n’ Groovy – Art Blakey and the Jazz
Messengers - Blue Note – 0777 7 80679 2 4

(Jimmy Greene) Give Thanks – Mission Statement – Jimmy Greene – Raz
Daz / Sunnyside – SSC 4608

(Miles Black, Tom Keenlyside) It’s Real – Metaphora - Altered Laws
Jazz Quartet –Artist Jazz Recordings – AJR 103

(Charles Lloyd) East Virginia, West Memphis – Lift Every Voice –
Charles Lloyd – ECM 1832/33 440 018 783-2

(Coleman) Latin Genetics – Partners – Paul Bley, Gary Peacock – Owl /
Sunnyside – SSC 3503

(Rodgers, Hart) Nobody’s Heart – JJ’s Broadway – JJ Johnson – Verve – V6-8530

(Duke Ellington, Bob Russell) I Didn’t Know about You – Haunted Heart
– Hillary Cole – Justin Time – JTR-8543-2

(Bill Holman) Fearless Finlay – Kenton Showcase – Stan Kenton
Orchestra – Capitol Jazz – 7243 5 25244 2 6

(Cole Porter) So in Love – Blue Valentines: From Blue Note with Love –
Peggy Lee – Blue Note – 0777 7 81331 2 4

9:01 NPR News

(Burke, Van Hesuen) It Could Happen to You – Blues Alley - Third Set –
Hod O’Brien – Reservoir – RSR CD 187

(Johnny Mandel) The Sandpiper – The Sandpiper – Johnny Mandell with
Jack Sheldon – Verve – 314 531 229-2

(Carl Allen) Grahamstown – Work to Do – Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker –
Mack Avenue Records – MAC 1045

(Jobim, de Moraes, McCorkle) A Felcidade – Imagina – Karrin Allyson –
Concord Jazz
–	CCD-30428

(Ernesto Nazareth) Brejeiro – New Words /Novas Palavras – Mike
Marshall / Hamilton de Holanda – Adventure Music – AM 1029-2

(Willard Robison) Deep Summer Music – Michael Moore/Bill Charlap –
Concord Jazz – CCD-4678

(Heyman, Green) Out of Nowhere – The Complete RCA Paul Desmond RCA
Victor Recordings Featuring Jim Hall – RCA Victor - 09026-68687-2

(Peter Chatman) Every Day I Have the Blues – The Scene Live in New
York – Jimmy Rushing with Al Cohn and Zoot Sims – High Note – HCD 7196

(Green, Heyman) I Cover the Waterfront – Cannonball Addderly and
Strings / Jump for Joy – EmArcy – 314 528 699-2