[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 5/10/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun May 10 13:33:55 EDT 2009

WWSP   JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 5/10/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

6 Claudia Acuna – En Este Momento – Marsalis Music
5 Rashied Ali Quintet – Live In Europe – Survival Records
6 Chris Botti – In Boston - Columbia
4 Tom Brantley – Boneyard – Summit
4 Bridge Quartet – Night – Origin
7 Stanley Clarke Trio – Jazz In The Garden – Heads Up
7 Chick Corea/John McLaughlin Five Piece Band – Live – Concord
5 Randy Crawford & Joe Sample – No Regrets – PRA Records
6 “Papa” John DeFrancesco – Big Shot – Savant
5 Fat Cat Band – Angels Praying For Freedom – Smalls Records
4 Fly – Sky & Country – ECM
6 Dave Frishberg – Retromania – Arbors Jazz
5 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
5 Jimmy Greene – Mission Statement – RazDaz
6 Chico Hamilton – Twelve Tones Of Love – Joyous Shout!
4 Ken Hatfield – To Be Continued… - mpub
7 Fred Hersch Pocket Orchestra – Live At Jazz Standard – Sunnyside
4 Nicole Herzog – Time Will Tell – TCB
6 Red Holloway – Go Red Go! – Delmark
6 Diana Krall – Quiet Nights – Verve
4 Helge Lien Trio – Hello Troll – Ozella Music
5 Thomas Marriott – Flexicon – Origin
6 Wynton Marsalis – He & She – Blue Note
4 October Trio + Brad Turner – Looks Like It’s Going To Snow – Songlines
6 One For All – Return Of The Lineup – Sharp Nine Records
4 Scott Reeves Quintet – Live At Cecil’s Shape Shifter – Miles High Records
5 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
5 Venissa Santi – Bienvenida – Sunnyside
5 Radam Schwartz – Blues Citizens – Savant
5 Kendra Shank Quartet – Mosaic – Challenge Records
5 Nina Sheldon – Harvest – Jazzed Media
5 Mark Taylor – Spectre - Origin
6 Ximo Tebar – Steps – Omix Records
5 Charles Tolliver Big Band – Emperor March – HalfNote
6 Nancy Wright – Moanin’ – Chicken Coup Records

2 – 3 spins

3 Abraham/Clements/Tellander – Between Stops – Resa Records
2 Altered Laws Jazz Quartet – Metaphora – AJRJazz
3 David Becker Tribune – Leaving Argentina – Red Records
3 David Binney/Alan Ferber – In The Paint – Positone
3 Garvin Bushell – One Steady Roll – Delmark
3 Rondi Charleston – In My Life – Emmamuse
2 Perry Danos – Swingin’ On The Moon – Grand Vista
2 Craig Enright – La Bezella… - Self Produced
3 Fat Cat Band – Meditations On The War… - Smalls Records
3 Derrick Gardner – Echoes Of Ethnicity – Owl
3 Gaucho – Deep Night – Self Produced
3 George Gruntz Concert Band – Why Not? – TCB
3 Nancy Kelly – Well, Alright! – Saying It With Jazz
3 Jermaine Landsberger – Gettin’ Blazed – Resonance Records
3 Victor Little – Inner Portrait – Self Produced
3 L’ Tanya Mari’ – A Teadrop of Sun – Falconeye
3 Rob Mazurek Quintet – Sound Is – Delmark
3 Melissa Morgan – Until I Met You – Telarc Jazz
2 Ada Rovatti – Green Factor – Piloo Records
3 Michel Sajrawy – Writings On The Wall – Ozella Music
3 Helen Schneider – Dream A Little Dream – Edel Records
3 Avery Sharpe Trio – Autumn Moonlight – JKNM Records
3 Brad Shepik – Human Activity Suite – Songlines
3 Dave Siebels w/Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band – PBGL
3 Yotam Silberstein – Next Page – Positone
3 Larry Slezak – No Worries – Self Produced
3 Texas Christian Univ. Jazz Ensemble – Just Friends – Sea Breeze
3 Deanna Witowski – From This Place – Tilapia Records

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 5/10/09

Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker – Work To Do – Mack Avenue
Lynne Arriale – Nuance – Motema
Scotty Barnhart – Say It Plain – Unity
Jim Beard – Revolutions – Metropole
Melody Gardot – My One And Only Thrill – Verve
Grant Geissman – Cool Man Cool – Futurism
Freddie Hubbard – On The Real Side – Times Square Records
Hilary Kole – Haunted Heart – Justin Time
Sean Lyons – Roar Of Lyons – Positone
Michael Occhipinti - Sicilian Jazz Project – True North
Kermit Ruffins – Livin’ A Treme’ Life – Basin Street Records
Lauren Sevian – Blueprint – Inner Circle Music
Frank Sinatra – Live At The Meadowlands – Concord
Allen Tousaint – The Bright Mississipi – Nonesuch
Justin Vasquez – Triptych – Self Produced

W = WORLD          ***  =  Add this week

W 6 Fredrico Aubele – Amatoria – ESL Music
W 5 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
W 5 Buju Banton – Rasta Got Soul – Gargame! Music
W 5 Cecilia – Papillon – One Music
W 5 Roger Davidson & Raul Juarena – Pasion Por La Vida - Soundbrush
W 5 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
W 5 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village
W 6 Omar Sosa – Across The Divide - HalfNote
W 7  Various - Playing For Change – Hear Music

PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

6 Darcy James Argue’s Secret Society – Infernal Machines – NEWAM
4 Todd Bishop’s Pop Art 4 – 69 annee erotique – Origin
5 Derek Bermel – Voices – BMOP Sound
5 Brian Blade – Mama Rosa - Verve
4 Stan Harrison – The Optimist – Edge Artists
3 Danny Kalb – I’m Gonna Live The Life I Sing About – Sojourn Records
3 Darin Layne w/Jason McKenzie – Left Of Sunday Afternoon – Self Produced
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
4 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone
4 Enrico Pieranunzi – Plays Domenico Scarlati – Cam Jazz
5 Randolph – Expansion - ERMusic
3 Terry Riley – In C - Sony
4 Jade Simmons – Revolutionary Rhythm – E1 Entertainment
3  Pete Solomon/Art Alm –A Day In The Now – Self Produced
3 Matt Ulery – Themes And Scenes – Woolgathering Records
5 Various – Keep Your Soul / A Tribute To Doug Sahm – Vanguard Records
6 Woody Witt/Joe Locasio – Seasons Ago – Heart Music

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 5/17/09.  I will have space for 13 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.

Russ

Russell Haines
Jazz/World Music Director