[JPL] PLAYLIST FOR NEW ORLEANS ROOTS & MORE FOR MAY 10, 2009

MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com
Sun May 10 14:51:26 EDT 2009

HOUR 1

Kermit Ruffins / I Can See Clearly Now / Livin' A Treme Life  / Basin
Street (2009)
Wynton Marsalis / Girls! / He and She / Blue Note  (2009)
Houston Person / You're My Everything / The Art and Soul of Houston  Person
/ Highnote
Horace Silver / Song For My Father / Horace Silver:  Retrospective / Blue
Note
Phillip Manuel and Rene Marie / Cheek to Cheek /  WWOZ - Sounds of New
Orleans on CD, Vol. 17 / Friends of WWOZ Inc. (not for  sale)
Bob French's Original Tuxedo Jazz Band / Besame Mucho / Live at New
Orleans Jazz Fest 2004 / Tuxedo Records
Coolbone Swing Troupe / Blow That  Horn / Offbeat Festival 2000 / Louisiana
Red hot Records (not for sale)
The  Troy Andrews Quintet / Reet Petite / The End of the Beginning / Treme
Records
Astral Project / Bulldog Run / Elevado / Astral Project Music
Doc  Cheatham / Strutting With Some Barbecue / Swinging Down in New Orleans
/  Jazzology Records

HOUR 2

Sean Lyons / Blackbelt Bebop / Roar of  Lyons / Posi-Tone Records (2009)
The Rhythmasters / Sidewalkin' / Sidewalkin'  / Rhythmasters Music (2009)
Magos Herrera / Reencuentro / Distancia /  Sunnyside (2009)
Dr. Michael White / Algeria / Blue Crescent / Basin Street  Records
Allen Toussaint / Winin' Boy Blues / The Bright Mississippi /  Nonesuch
(2009)
New Orleans Heritage Hall Jazz Band / Tin Roof Blues / New  Orleans
Heritage Hall Jazz Band / GNP-Crescendo (2009)
Brian Blade / All  Gospel Radio / Mama Rosa / Verve Forecast (2009)
James "Saxsmo" Gates / Ain't  No Stoppin' Us Now / It's Time / Winlane Music
Phil Woods / Come Out With Me  / The Children's Suite / Jazzed Media (2009)

MICHAEL J. GOURRIER
JAZZ DIRECTOR WRIR-FM
P.O. BOX 4787
RICHMOND, VA 23220