[JPL] Re: Sabor Tropical Playlist - KIPO 89.3 FM - Honolulu, Hawaii

Ray Cruz rcruz at hawaiipublicradio.org
Sun May 10 15:42:42 EDT 2009

Sunday May 10, 2009

          HPR'S "CHALLENGE 2009" WRAPS UP ON AFTERNOON OF DAY 9;

          Record-Breaking Drive Would Seem to have Beaten The Odds

        Hawaii Public Radio brought its spring fundraiser “Challenge 2009”
to a triumphant conclusion at 4:36 p.m. on Thursday, April 30,
2009, the afternoon of the ninth day of a drive scheduled for ten
days. The goal of $741,000 was exceeded by $4,235 for a
record-breaking total of $745,235, based on donations phoned in by
pledges -- 2,390. The advance donations before the drive went on
the air, 1,747, set a record for early gifts.

        Last fall’s fundraiser had the same goal of $741,000, but ended
two hours into the 11th morning of a drive originally scheduled
for ten days.

        “We are very grateful for this amazing outpouring of support for
our public radio service,” said HPR President and General Manager
Michael Titterton. “We have always described our service as
community-building, and this is actually a living, breathing
example of listeners affirming that they regard HPR as a necessity
in their lives. We could not be more grateful."

        More than 200 volunteers joined the station staff and on-air
guests to ask for funding for programming costs for the next six
months.

Sabor Tropical Play List on KIPO - 89.3FM, Honolulu HI

Saturday May 9, 2009

Host: Ray Cruz
Time: Saturdays 5-8PM
Format: Salsa, Classic Salsa & Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz

"Heard live at www.hawaiipublicradio.org"

** Latin Jazz Selections are listed in Hour #3 **

Ray Cruz
Hawaii Public Radio
738 Kaheka Street Suite 101
Honolulu, HI 96814-3726

Contact:
808-955-8821 Office
808-226-1221 Cellular

Hour 1 - The Best Salsa Hits On Sabor Tropical!

Artist
Song
Cd
Label

Cesar “Chino” Perez
La Azuquita
Citizen of the World
CCP Records

Bailatino
El Mundo De Hoy
La Resistencia
Bailatino

Andy Montanez featuring Voltio
En Mi Puertorro
Salsaton – Salsa Con Reggaeton
SGZ Records

The Latin Giants of Jazz
Dime Quien Eres
Ven Baila Conmigo
Gigante Records

8 Y Mas!
Pa’ Colombia Entera
Juega Billar!
Q&A Productions

Orquesta Mazacote
La Jicotea
Salsa Para Los Rumberos
OLM Records

Ricky Campanelli
Mani Picao
Salsa Como Debe Ser
Ricky Campanelli

Jerry Medina & Pedro Brull
La Salud
Estacion Candela
Envidia

Tabaco y Ron
Rumba Capella
Greatest Hits Salseros - 3CD Pack Tabaco y Ron
Dimelo Records

Hour Two - Latin Lounge of Fania
Artist
Song
CD
Label

Fania All Stars
Coro Miyare
Grandes Exitos Del Siglo XX
Fania Import

Ruben Blades with The Ray Barretto Orchestra
Canto Abacua
Ruben Blades : Poeta Del Pueblo
Fania Remastered Series
Emusica Records