[JPL] RE: Many, many thanks!

Hudson, B.H. bhhudson at NCCU.EDU
Mon May 11 08:31:04 EDT 2009

yay, steve. so glad you are back at it. reminds us all that good health is nothing to take for granted.
BH Hudson
WNCU

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Steve Schwartz
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:30 AM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: [JPL] Many, many thanks!

Gentlemen and ladies of radio,

Thanks to the dozens of you that personally responded to Tom Reney's message last week about my hospitalization.
What a great healing force it was to hear from so many of you.

I did have a heart attack last Tuesday. Two stents were placed in one of my coronary arteries. Afterwards, an ultrasound of my heart demonstrated no observable abnormalities in my hearts ability to pump blood. That's a good thing!

I came home from the hospital on Friday afternoon and have been taking it easy. My cardiologist thinks I am ready to take a short, ten minute, walk today, adding a few minutes every day until I can do my normal walking exercise by this week end.
I plan to go back on the air this Friday night.
No bike riding for a little while but he did give me permission to drive to Montreal in early July for the Jazz Festival. I hope to see some of you there.

Again thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I know they helped a lot.

Steve Schwartz
Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, 8p-midnight
WGBH, 89.7FM, Boston