[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 5/10

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon May 11 10:17:57 EDT 2009

Here's this past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid

Bob Lark-Phil Woods     Ravenswood    Live at the Jazz Showcase  Jazzed
Media

Gerry Mulligan    Lady Chatterley's Mother   Complete CJB            Mosaic

Gerry Mulligan   Big City Life/Big City Blues       "
"

Dave Frishberg   Can't Take You Nowhere           Retromania          Arbors

Dave Frishberg          Useless Waltz                               "
"

Dave Frishberg         Zoot Walks In                                "
"

Al Cohn-Zoot Sims      Blue Hodge           Live at the Left Bank
Label M

Michael Wolff      If I Were a Bell                               Joe's
Strut       Wrong

1:00AM

Garvin Bushell    Blues for the 20th Century      One Steady Roll
Delmark

Duke Ellington         Spacemen                       The Cosmic Scene
Mosaic

Duke Ellington       Take the "A" Train                     "
"

Blue Sky 5 Plus 2       Just Friends               Five Minutes More
Groove Juice

Billet-Deux         Pent-Up House                                Deux
Billet Deux

Hot Club of Detroit    Blues Up and Down        Night Town
Mack Avenue

Vignola Collective       Appel Direct                 Gypsy Grass
Dare

Diana Krall               Quiet Nights                          (same)
Verve

Antonio Carlos Jobim   Chega de Saudade

                                                The Composer of Desafinado
Plays      Verve

2:00AM

Claudio Roditi      Gemini Man        Brazilliance x 4
Resonance

Vitaly Golovnev      Corner Bistro   To Whom it May Concern
Tippin'

Bipolar    I'm a Fool to Want You           Euphrates, Me Jane
Bipolar

Dave Siebels                The Coupe     With Gordon Goodwin.
Sea Bells

Jermaine Landsberger      Babik                  Gettin' Blazed
Resonance

Nancy Wright    When Sunny Gets Blue       Moanin'
Chicken Coup

Tony Monaco       Ode to Billy Joe      Live at the Orbit Room
Chicken Coup

3:00AM

Jack Dejohnette      Seventh D                        Music We Are
KRM

Keith Jarrett   You Took Advantage of Me        Yesterdays
ECM

Stanley Clarke   Someday My Prince Will Come   Jazz in the Garden  Heads Up

John McLaughlin-Chick Corea     In a Silent Way/It's About That Time

                                                                        Five
Peace Band             Concord

Miles Davis             Flamenco Sketches      Kind of Blue
Columbia/Legacy

4:00AM

Justin Vasquez     Red.  Green.  Blue.           Triptych
Vasquez

Gene Ess            Discovery in Three

                                                 Modes of Limited
Transcendence         Simp

Harvie S - Kenny Barron      Take Your Time   Now Was the Time    Savant

Kenny Barron           Speed Trap                 The Traveler
Sunnyside

Avery Sharpe    Palace of the Seven Jewels     Autumn Moonlight       JKNM

Mike LeDonne                  I Got it Bad                  Five Live
Savant

5:00AM

Roger Kellaway-Eddie Daniels      I Want to Be Happy

Duet of One                IPO

Roger Kellaway       Freddie Freeloader    Live at the Jazz Standard
IPO

Denise Perrier               Dindi               The Second Time Around
Chez Perrier

Houston Person           Gentle Rain    The Art and Soul of HP
High Note

Claudia Acuna           La Mentira              En Este Momento
Marsalis Music

Daniel Sadownick      Bronx Bop            There Will Be a Day
In Time

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV