[JPL] Re: Sony promo

Josh Ellman josh at groovmarketing.com
Tue May 12 13:06:34 EDT 2009

Hi Blaise,

I believe all labels have similar if not the same requirements. This is the
nature of game now, and will be so for ANY giveaways from EMI, SONY ETC, be
it 3, 5, 10 or 100 CD's for on air promotion.

With regard to SONY and this giveaway, if the legal speak seemed confusing
or misleading, we apologize on their behalf, but bottom line is that it
essentially the same format.  Fill out the form and FAX it back. Labels just
need to keep giveaways on file now.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Best,

Josh Ellman
Groov Marketing & Consulting

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Arturo Gomez <arturogomez at kuvo.org> wrote:

> Blaise wrote <<<< Is anyone else doing the Sony/Legacy giveaway.  It
> required contact with
>
> someone NOT in programming to assure them that we are not pocketing the
> product and are mentioning the sponsor. It also requests that we confirm
> that we are not increasing airplay of the product to do the giveaway.  Is
> this something from commercial radio?  >>>
>

> After talking to our Morning Beat host who also happens to be our PD/COO,
> Carlos Lando who agreed to give them away during morning drive, I opted to
> participate in both EMI giveaways, the Cassandra Blue Note pop tunes
> compilation and the Capitol Classic Sinatra II release. It simply required
> us to fill out a form via PDF and send back, that is all there was to it.
> Perhaps Sony has other internal requirements.
>

> Arturo Gómez
> Music Director, jazz89 KUVO
> The Oasis In The City
> Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station
> Celebrating 14 Years of Live Performances!

Joshua M. Ellman
Groov Marketing & Consulting (Southwest)
1813 N. Ave 46
Los Angeles, CA 90041
1-877-GROOV-32
Direct: 323-257-0676