[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 05-12-09

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Tue May 12 16:09:54 EDT 2009

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:30pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Airdate: 05-12-09

Theme

  BREAK

Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis/Buddy Tate/Coleman Hawkins/Arnett Cobb - Very
Saxy - The Very Best Of Prestige Records (Prestige) [C]
Miles Davis - My Funny valentine - The Very Best Of Prestige Records
(Prestige) [C]
Red Garland - Hey Now - The Very Best Of Prestige Records (Prestige) [C]

  BREAK

Bob Sneider & Joe Locke - Windmills Of Your Mind - Nocturne For Ava
(Origin)
Bob sneider & Joe Locke - Nocturne For Ava - Nocturne For Ava (Origin)
Tricycle - All The Things You Are - Tricycle (Water Street Music)
The Jodie Christian Trio - You Are So Beautiful - Reminiscing (Delmark)
Laura Klein & Ted Wolff - I Concentrate On You - Cerulean Blue
(self-released) [C]
Mark Weinstein - Emorio - Lua e Sol (Jazzheads)
Cassandra Wilson - The Weight - Closer To You: The Pop Side (Blue Note)
[C]

  BREAK

Allen Toussaint - Just A Closer Walk With Thee - The Bright Mississippi
(Nonesuch) [C]
Shaynee Rainbolt - Charmed Life - Charmed Life: Sings Russell Garcia
(self-released) [C][a]
Tom Brantley - Stardust - Boneyard (Summit) [C]

  BREAK

Bix Beiderbecke - Jazz Me Blues - Vol.2 Bix Lives!: Original 1926-30
Recordings (Naxos Jazz)
Bix Beiderbecke - At The Jazz Band Ball - Vol.2 Bix Lives!: Original
1926-30 Recordings (Naxos Jazz)
Bix Beiderbecke - There's A Cradle In Caroline - Vol.2 Bix Lives!:
Original 1926-30 Recordings (Naxos Jazz)
Stephane Grappelli - It Had To Be You - Stephane's Tune: Original
1938-1942 Recordings (Naxos Jazz)
Grace Kelly - I Want To Be Happy - Mood Changes (Pazz Productions) [C]

  BREAK

Charles Tolliver Big Band - I Want To Talk About You - Emperor March:
Live At The Blue Note (HalfNote) [C]
Larry Slezak - How About You - No Worries (Tierra Studios) [C]
Paul Bollenback - How Deep Is The Ocean - Invocation (Elefant Dreams)
Dexter Gordon - I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry - Go! (Blue Note)
Nancy Wright - When Sunny Gets Blue - Moanin' (Chicken Coup) [C]
McKinney's Cotton Pickers - Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You - McKinney's
Cotton Pickers (1928-1930): The Band Don Redman Built (RCA/Bluebird)

  BREAK

Louis Armstrong - I Love Jazz - On The Road (Laserlight)