[JPL] Playlist WGBH 8 pm - mid 5/12

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Thu May 14 01:30:53 EDT 2009

Tuesday, May 12, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

	8:00pm

8:07pm
Duke Ellington: Black & Tan Fantasy/Creole Love Call/The Mooche, At The
Alhambra (Pablo 5313)

8:19pm
Kenny Burrell: Single Petal Of A Rose, Prime (HighNote 7193)

8:24pm
Melissa Morgan: Save Your Love For Me, Until I Met You (Telarc 83684)

8:30pm
Arthur Blythe: Naima, Blythe Byte (Savant 2036)

8:40pm
Dr. Lonnie Smith: Tyrone, Rise Up! (Palmetto 2138)

8:46pm
Aaron J. Johnson: Shamba, Songs Of Our Fathers (Bubble-Sun 1001)

8:54pm
Allen Toussaint: St. James Infirmary, The Brght Mississippi (Nonesuch
480380)

9:02pm
Stanley Clarke: Paradigm Shift, Jazz In The Garden (Heads Up 3155)

9:09pm
Derrick Gardner: 4 Newk, Echoes Of Ethnicity (Owl Studios 00129)

9:17pm
Cannonball Adderley: Jeannine, Paris, 1960 (Pablo 5303)

9:30pm
Joel Larue Smith: Mambo Inn, September's Child (Joel LaRue Smith)

9:34pm
Sean Jones: Summer's Spring, The Search Within (Mack Avenue 1044)

9:41pm
Scotty Barnhart: Haley's Passage, Say It Plain (Dig 137)

9:51pm
Chico Hamilton: Lazy Afternoon, Twelve Tones Of Love (Joyous Shout 10012)

9:55pm
Generations: Jean Marie, Tough Guys (International Center For The Arts)

10:02pm
Lauren Sevian: True, Blueprint (Inner City Music 004)

10:13pm
Omar Sosa: Across Africa The Dream, Across The Divide (Half Note 4538)

10:16pm
Avery Sharpe: Palace Of The Seven Jewels, Autumn Moonlight (JKNM)

10:28pm
Branford Marsalis: The Return Of The Jitney Man, Metaphosen (Marsalis
Music 74946-0011)

10:33pm
Donald Bailey: Plant Life, Blueprints Of Jazz (Talking House 0811-020)

10:40pm
The Blue Note 7: Inner Urge, Mosaic (Blue Note 28123)

10:51pm
Stanley Turrentine: Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most, A Chip Off
The Old Block (Blue Note 65141)

10:57pm
Grace Kelly: It Might As Well Be Spring, Mood Changes (Pazz 16-9)

11:03pm
Claudio Roditi: E Nada Mais, Brazilliance (Resonance 2002)

11:12pm
Jack DeJohnette: Tango African, Music We Are (Kindred Rhythm 1150)

11:17pm
John McLaughlin/Chick Corea: In A Silent Way/It's About That Time, Five
Peace Band Live (Concord 31397)

11:40pm
Miles Davis: Blue In Green, Kind Of Blue (Columbia/Legacy 8869745885)

11:46pm
Lem Winchester: Blues Prayer, Another Opus (Prestige 1816)

Airtimes are approximate.

Eric Jackson
Monday - Thursday 8 pm - mid.
WGBH 89.7