[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, May 14, 2009

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu May 14 08:12:06 EDT 2009

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, May 14, 2009

Previewing Monty Alexander's Roots Jamaica concert at the Artists Collective in Hartford on May 16
http://artistscollective.org/

8:00 PM Monty Alexander Monty Meets Sly and Robbie Soulful Strut Telarc 2000

8:07 PM Kendra Shank Mosaic Laughing at Life/Smile Challenge 2009
8:12 PM Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker Work to Do Relativity Mack Avenue 2009

8:23 PM Frank Sinatra Close to You The End of a Love Affair Capitol 1956
8:27 PM Roberta Piket Unbroken Line The End of a Love Affair Criss Cross Jazz 1997 Hartford Public Library,  May 17
8:35 PM Monty Alexander Echoes of Jilly's Fly Me to the Moon Concord Jazz 1997

8:44 PM Grant Stewart Young at Heart Young at Heart Sharp Nine 2008
8:52 PM Esperanza Spalding Esperanza Cuerpo Y Alma Heads Up 2008 http://tinyurl.com/phr9nb read about Esperanza's appearance at the White House

9:03 PM Monty Alexander Concrete Jungle Simmer Down Telarc 2006
9:08 PM Monty Alexander Stir It Up Jammin' Telarc 1999
9:14 PM Monty Alexander Impressions in Blue I'm an Old Cowhand Telarc 2003
9:20 PM Monty Alexander My America Don't Fence Me In Telarc 2002

9:28 PM Red Holloway Go Red Go! St. Thomas Delmark 2009
9:33 PM Joey DeFrancesco Finger Poppin Swingin' the Samba Doodlin' 2009
9:38 PM Terence Brewer Groovin' Wes Road Song SBM 2009
9:44 PM Eric Johnson Supahighway La Petite Mambo Clarion Jazz 2009

9:52 PM Red Garland Revisited Walkin' Prestige 1957
10:00 PM Nancy Wright Moanin' Minority Chicken Coup 2009
10:03 PM Papa John DeFrancesco Big Shot Red Top Savant 2009

10:12 PM Chick Corea & John McLaughlin Five Peace Band Dr. Jackle Concord Jazz 2009

10:37 PM Bill Anschell & Brent Jensen We Couldn't Agree More Solar Origin 2009
10:40 PM Alex Sipiagin Mirages Iris Criss Cross Jazz 2009
10:46 PM Thomas Marriott Flexicon Detour Ahead Origin 2009
10:52 PM Tom Harrell Prana Dance The Sea Serpent High Note 2009

Friday: Ellis Larkins with Ella Fitzgerald and Ruby Braff; Gene Ammons and Jackie McLean

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR