[JPL] Harry Abraham passes

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu May 14 13:59:24 EDT 2009

I have fond memories of this show too.  We used to listen to Harry, mostly
on spring and summer nights when somebody would leave a car radio running
and the windows lowered while we played in the streets and fields late into
the wee wee hours. In the mid-70's, I hosted a show on WCUW in Worcester
called One Nation Under a Groove, which borrowed its name from George
Clinton, of course, but its inspiration was drawn from wide open, jazz-based
formats like Abrahams'.   I'm saddened to read he was only 64.

Tom Reney
Jazz à la Mode

WFCR

Hampshire House