[JPL] Harry Abraham passes

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu May 14 14:02:42 EDT 2009

The first jazz radio DJ I ever heard was Harry Abraham.  I was a kid
growing up in Alabama and loved radio, especially the 100 watt clear
channel AM's I could get late at night on my little radio in my
room.  It was WLS, KMOX, KAAY and WHAM where Harry held court.  It's
one of the wonderful memories of my life and it's sad that he's
passed at such a young age, but wonderful to note that he was a man
who did something that made a difference in people's lives, I know he
did mine, and that we should be inspired to try to do the same with
the work we do.

Thank you Harry!!!!

Russ Davis
VOA/MOJA Radio