[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz May 9,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sat May 16 16:51:18 EDT 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for May 9,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for May 9, 2009

Hour 1

TOM BRANTLEY - "Confirmation" - Boneyard - (Summit)

GREG REITAN - "Unquity Road" - Some Other Time - (Sunnyside)

PHIL BROWN QUARTET - "Walkup" - Hope Street Saunter - (indep)

KENNY CARR - "Blues For Ray" - Changing Tide - (indep)

ANTHONY BRANKER AND ASCENT - "Ascent" - Blessings - (Origin)

DON HALES - "Strawberries - Raspberries" - Unified String Theory - (Summit)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "Masquelero" - Flexicon - (Origin)

Hour 2

SKIP WILKINS QUARTET - "The Paint Peeler" - The Paint Peeler - (indep)

JOE LOCKE - "Ricky's Tune" - Force of Four - (Origin)

JACOB VARMUS - "Ecstatic Little Porpoises" - All The Things We Still Can Be - (indep)

LARRY GELB - "Pickles" - Song For Pickles - (indep)

TIM WARFIELD - "One For Shirley" - One For Shirley - (Criss Cross)

IDIT SHNER - "Ha Lachma" - Tuesday's Blues - (Origin)

MONTY ALEXANDER - "Love and Happiness" - My America - (Telarc)

Hour 3

DAVE FRISHBERG - "Can't Take You Nowhere" - Retromania - (Arbors Jazz)

CAROLYN LEE JONES - "Tainted Love" - Bon Appetit - (indep)

NINA SIMONE - "House of the Rising Sun" - unknown

ANITA O'DAY - "It Don't Mean a Thing" -

ANITA O'DAY - "Tenderly" - Anita Sings the Most - (Verve)

ANITA O'DAY - "The Way You Look Tonight"

ANITA O'DAY - "Chicago"

STEVE TYRELL - "Georgia On My Mind" - This Guy's In Love - (Sony)

SARAH VAUGHAN - "That's All" - Crazy and Mixed Up - (Pablo)

TUCK AND PATTI - "Better Than Anything" - Tears of Joy - (Windham Hill)

KENNY WASHINGTON - "My Favorite Things" - Live at Anna's Jazz Island - (indep)

PHIL WOODS - "The Good Little Girl" - The Children's Suite - (Jazzed Media)

SUPERSAX AND L.A.VOICES - "L.A." - Best Of - (indep)

Hour 4

CHARLES MINGUS - "Cryin' Blues" - Blues and Roots - (Atlantic)

GRACE KELLY/RUSSELL MALONE - "Just Friends" - Gracefullee - (indep)

ROY HARGROVE - "The Stinger" - Earfood - (Emarcy)

KENNY GARRETT - "Conversation with Hutcherson" - Simply Said - (WB)

DAVID SANBORN - "Basin Street Blues" - Here and Gone - (Decca)

RON BRENDLE/FRANK KIMBROUGH - "Nobody Home" - Autumn - (indep)

JOHN STEIN - "Hotcakes" - Green Street - (Whaling City Sound)

RICHIE COLE AND THE ALTO MADNESS ORCH - "A Night In Toyana" - Rise's Rose Garden - (Jazz Excursion)

SCOTT WHITFIELD - "Two Of A Kind" - To Be There - (Amosaya)

ROBERT GLASPER - "Y'Outta Praise Him" - In My Element - (Blue Note)

Hour 5

CRAIG ENRIGHT - "Taller and Louder" - La Belleza - (indep)

BILL WATROUS/PETE CHRISTLIEB/GARY URWIN JAZZ ORCH - "No More Blues" - Kindred Spirits - (Summit)

SOUTH NINE ENSEMBLE - "Chill" - Doin it Augie Style - (indep)

BEN MARKLEY - "But Beautiful" - Second Introduction - (Origin)

OFER ASSAF - "Kingfisher 51" - Tangible Reality - (Summit)

CHIP SHELTON AND PEACETIME - "Imbued with Memories" - Imbued With Memories - (Summit)

JEFF BARONE - "New Samba" - Open Up - (Jazzed Media)

RAY BROWN - "Blues for Wes" - Some of My Best Friends Are Guitarists - (Telarc)

11:00 Special - Keith Jarrett - celebrating his birthday

KEITH JARRETT STANDARDS TRIO - "Bop-Be" - Selected Recordings - (ECM)

KEITH JARRETT STANDARDS TRIO - "No Lonely Nights" - Selected Recordings - (ECM)
KEITH JARRETT - "The Windup" - Selected Recordings - (ECM)

KEITH JARRETT - "Long As You Know You're Living Yours" - Selected Recordings - (ECM)
KEITH JARRETT - "My Song" - Selected Recordings - (ECM)
KEITH JARRETT - "The Journey Home" - Selected Recordings - (ECM)

KEITH JARRETT - "Americana" - Selected Recordings - (ECM)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM