[JPL] PLAYLIST FOR NEW ORLEANS ROOTS & MORE FOR 5/17/09

MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com
Sun May 17 15:09:06 EDT 2009

HOUR 1

Crescent City Gold / Kaleema / Crescent City Gold - The  Ultimate Session /
High Street Records
Kermit Ruffins / For The Love of You /  Livin' a Treme Life / Basin Street
(2009)
Ellis Marsalis / Little Joy / The  Classic Ellis Marsalis / AFO Records
Al Hood / Do You Know What It Means to  Miss New Orleans? / Just A Little
Taste - Al Hood Plays The Writing of Dave  Hanson / Kakeda Music
Troy Andrews / Nora's Cooking / Trombone Shorty's  Swingin' Gate /
Louisiana Red Hot Records
Allen Toussaint / Dear Old  Southland / The Bright Mississippi / Nonesuch
(2009)
Ronnie Magri and His New  Orleans Jazz Band / Mood Indigo / Shim Sham Revue
/ Jubilee Music
John  Scofield / Heck Of A Job / This Meets That / Decca
Dr. John / Tangerine /  Mercernary / Blue Note
Wynton Marsalis / First Kiss / He and She / Blue  Note

HOUR 2

Hod O'Brien / Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me,  Take The A Train / Second
Set - Live at Blues Alley / Reservoir
John Boutte /  I'll Fly Away / New Orleans Brass / Putumayo World Music
Doc Cheatham and  Nicholas Payton / I Gotta Right to Sing The Blues / New
Orleans / Putumayo World  Music
Betsy Braud / Dr. Macumba / Just What The Doctor Ordered / BB  Music
David Mahoney / Giant Steps / David Mahoney Gathering / DM  Music
Grace Kelly / Here, There and Everywhere / Mood Changes / Pazz  Productions
(2009)
Bill Anschell and Brent Jensen / You and the Night and the  Music / We
Couldn't Agree More / Origin Records (2009)
Astral Project / Old  Folks / VooDooBop / Compass Records
Christian Scott / Like This / Vibe This!  WWOZ on CD, Vol. 26 - Spring 2007
/ Friends of WWOZ, Inc. (not for  sale)

MICHAEL J. GOURRIER
JAZZ DIRECTOR WRIR-FM
P.O. BOX  4787