[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 5/17/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun May 17 15:52:40 EDT 2009

 WWSP   JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 5/17/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

4 Abraham/Clements/Tellander – Between Stops – Resa Records
6 Claudia Acuna – En Este Momento – Marsalis Music
6 Chris Botti – In Boston - Columbia
4 Rondi Charleston – In My Life – Emmamuse
7 Stanley Clarke Trio – Jazz In The Garden – Heads Up
7 Chick Corea/John McLaughlin Five Piece Band – Live – Concord
4 Fly – Sky & Country – ECM
6 Dave Frishberg – Retromania – Arbors Jazz
5 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
6 Jimmy Greene – Mission Statement – RazDaz
6 Chico Hamilton – Twelve Tones Of Love – Joyous Shout!
5 Ken Hatfield – To Be Continued… - mpub
7 Fred Hersch Pocket Orchestra – Live At Jazz Standard – Sunnyside
5 Nicole Herzog – Time Will Tell – TCB
6 Red Holloway – Go Red Go! – Delmark
8 Freddie Hubbard – On The Real Side – Times Square Records
4 Jermaine Landsberger – Gettin’ Blazed – Resonance Records
4 Helge Lien Trio – Hello Troll – Ozella Music
5 Thomas Marriott – Flexicon – Origin
5 October Trio + Brad Turner – Looks Like It’s Going To Snow – Songlines
6 One For All – Return Of The Lineup – Sharp Nine Records
5 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
6 Kermit Ruffins – Livin’ A Treme’ Life – Basin Street Records
5 Venissa Santi – Bienvenida – Sunnyside
5 Kendra Shank Quartet – Mosaic – Challenge Records
5 Avery Sharpe Trio – Autumn Moonlight – JKNM Records
5 Nina Sheldon – Harvest – Jazzed Media
7 Frank Sinatra – Live At The Meadowlands – Concord
5 Mark Taylor – Spectre - Origin
6 Ximo Tebar – Steps – Omix Records
5 Charles Tolliver Big Band – Emperor March – HalfNote
8 Allen Tousaint – The Bright Mississipi – Nonesuch
2 – 3 spins

2 Altered Laws Jazz Quartet – Metaphora – AJRJazz
3 Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker – Work To Do – Mack Avenue
3 Lynne Arriale – Nuance – Motema
2 Scotty Barnhart – Say It Plain – Unity
2 Jim Beard – Revolutions – Metropole
3 David Becker Tribune – Leaving Argentina – Red Records
3 David Binney/Alan Ferber – In The Paint – Positone
3 Garvin Bushell – One Steady Roll – Delmark
2 Perry Danos – Swingin’ On The Moon – Grand Vista
2 Craig Enright – La Bezella… - Self Produced
3 Derrick Gardner – Echoes Of Ethnicity – Owl
3 Melody Gardot – My One And Only Thrill – Verve
3 Gaucho – Deep Night – Self Produced
3 Grant Geissman – Cool Man Cool – Futurism
3 George Gruntz Concert Band – Why Not? – TCB
3 Nancy Kelly – Well, Alright! – Saying It With Jazz
3 Hilary Kole – Haunted Heart – Justin Time
3 Victor Little – Inner Portrait – Self Produced
3 Sean Lyons – Roar Of Lyons – Positone
3 L’ Tanya Mari’ – A Teadrop of Sun – Falconeye
3 Rob Mazurek Quintet – Sound Is – Delmark
3 Melissa Morgan – Until I Met You – Telarc Jazz
3 Michael Occhipinti - Sicilian Jazz Project – True North
2 Ada Rovatti – Green Factor – Piloo Records
3 Michel Sajrawy – Writings On The Wall – Ozella Music
3 Helen Schneider – Dream A Little Dream – Edel Records
2 Lauren Sevian – Blueprint – Inner Circle Music
3 Brad Shepik – Human Activity Suite – Songlines
3 Dave Siebels w/Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band – PBGL
3 Yotam Silberstein – Next Page – Positone
3 Larry Slezak – No Worries – Self Produced
3 Justin Vasquez – Triptych – Self Produced
3 Deanna Witowski – From This Place – Tilapia Records

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 5/17/09

Kenny Burrell – Live At The Downtown Room – HighNote
Melanie Dahan – La Princesse Et Les Croque-Notes – Sunnyside
Joey DeFrancesco – Finger Poppin’ – Doodlin Records
Euphrates, Me Jane – Bipolar – Self Produced
Magos Herrera – Distancia – Sunnyside
Scott Earl Holman Trio – Faith & Works – Crumblehead Records
Steve Hudson – Shine – Self Produced
Cynthia Jones & The West Coast Nightlights – Self titled – Sweet Flame Records
Grace Kelly – Mood Changes – Pazz
Margeaux Lampley – Love For Sale – Fuchia Jazz
Michael Musilami Trio + 3 – From Seeds – Playscape Records
Charnett Moffett – The Art Of Improvisation – Motema
Shaynee Rainbolt – Charmed life – Self produced
Randolph – Euphony – Self produced
Parry Ray – My Life In Pieces – Self produced
Jimmy Rushing – The Scene – HighNote
Adam Shulman Quintet – Patterns Of Change – Kabocha Records
Corey Wilkes & Abstrakt Pulse – Cries From Tha Ghetto – Pi Records

W = WORLD          ***  =  Add this week

W 6 Fredrico Aubele – Amatoria – ESL Music
W 5 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
W 5 Buju Banton – Rasta Got Soul – Gargame! Music
W 5 Roger Davidson & Raul Juarena – Pasion Por La Vida - Soundbrush
W 5 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
*** Lee “Scratch” Perry – Return From Planet Dub - Collision
W 5 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village
W 7  Various - Playing For Change – Hear Music
*** Zap Mama – Recreation – Heads Up

PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

6 Darcy James Argue’s Secret Society – Infernal Machines – NEWAM
4 Todd Bishop’s Pop Art 4 – 69 annee erotique – Origin
5 Derek Bermel – Voices – BMOP Sound
5 Brian Blade – Mama Rosa - Verve
***Cyminology – As Ney - ECM
*** Eucalyptus Dream – The Ear Of The Beholder – Moon Cycle
*** Ambrose Field/John Potter – Being Dufay - ECM
*** Fully Celebrated – Drunk On The Blodd Of The Holy Ones - AUM
4 Stan Harrison – The Optimist – Edge Artists
*** Arve Henriksen – Cartography - ECM
3 Danny Kalb – I’m Gonna Live The Life I Sing About – Sojourn Records
3 Darin Layne w/Jason McKenzie – Left Of Sunday Afternoon – Self Produced
*** Led Bib – Sensible Shoes - Cuneiform
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
*** Burgstaller Martigon 4 – Mozart’s Blue Dreams… - Summit
*** Miriodor – Avanti! - Cuneiform
4 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone
4 Enrico Pieranunzi – Plays Domenico Scarlati – Cam Jazz
5 Randolph – Expansion - ERMusic
3 Terry Riley – In C - Sony
4 Jade Simmons – Revolutionary Rhythm – E1 Entertainment
3  Pete Solomon/Art Alm –A Day In The Now – Self Produced
*** Tower Of Power – Great American Soulbook – TOP Records
3 Matt Ulery – Themes And Scenes – Woolgathering Records
*** Upsilon Acrux  - Radian Futura – Cuneiform Records
6 Woody Witt/Joe Locasio – Seasons Ago – Heart Music

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 5/31/09.  I will have space for 19 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.

Russ

Russell Haines
Jazz/World Music Director