[JPL] pianist Terence Conley

Bobby Jackson ftapache1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 19 12:56:52 EDT 2009

Thanks Eric for sharing this.  Conley should have never been in a
position of having to take the Fed Ex job considering what kind of
music talent he possesses.  I'm reminded about the backlash many radio
stations had railing against the rate hikes approved by Congressman
John Conyers and the House Judiciary Committee's markup the
Performance Rights Act...a bill that would force radio stations to pay
royalties for their work.  Rallies and on-air protests are planned.
Minority station owners claim it will put them out of business...that
they simply can't afford it in this economic environment.  Bill
supporters claim it is long past due that musicians receive
compensation for their creative efforts.

Musicians are the geese who lay golden eggs but their lives for the
most part are not exactly golden.

Aloha,

Bobby Jackson