[JPL] 105 the Edition "Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

Nancy Barell nbarell at nyc.rr.com
Tue May 19 17:11:41 EDT 2009

Hope you are enjoying the music. Marc Myers , a highly respected jazz
journalist did a fun piece on my meeting Frank Sinatra. If you would like to
check it out go to

 http://www.JazzWax.com/2009/04/i-kissed-frank-sinatra.html   Happy Spring
to All.  Nancy
--
Nancy Barell
"Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

03 Anytime (I'll Be There)    3:21    Frank Sinatra    The Complete Reprise
Studio Recordings [Disc 17]    Jazz
04 Anytime, Anyday, Anywhere    4:56    Loston Harris    Timeless    Jazz
05 It's All Right With Me    6:01    Ted Rosenthal    Live At Maybeck Volume
38
06 Maybe You'll Be There    5:48    Diana Krall    Live In Paris    Jazz
07 There Is No Greater Love    3:25    The Christian Jacob Trio    Time
Lines
08 Hey There    6:11    Marion Cowings    Marion Cowings with Kenny Barron

10 Mean To Me    4:43    Milt Jackson    Montreux '77
11 Trav'lin Light (vocal)    4:42    Eric Shifrin & The In Crowd    Souvenir
Edition
12 Makin' Whoopee    7:25    Jim Rotondi    Blues For Brother Ray
13 You Make Me Feel So Young    4:08    Emilie-Claire Barlow    Haven't We
Met?
14 C-Jam Blues    5:14    Duke Ellington    Duke Ellington And His Orchestra
Featuring Paul Gonsalves
15 Sugar    2:34    Billie Holiday    Summertime: The Best of Billie Holiday
16 Just In Time    2:37    Tony DeSare    Want You

18 You Are The Sunshine Of My Life    2:35    Frank Sinatra    The Complete
Reprise Studio Recordings [Disc 17]
19 Sunshine Of Your Love     4:48    The David Leonhardt Trio
Explorations
20 You Are My Sunshine    5:48    Bill Henderson    Beautiful Memory
21 Ain't No Sunshine    5:15    Orbert Davis    Priority
22 Here's That Rainy Day    3:32    Sylvia Bennett    Songs From The Heart
23 Come Rain Or Come Shine    6:34    Brian Lynch    Brian Lynch Meets Bill
Charlap
24 The Gentle Rain    6:11    Freddy Cole    Because of You: Freddy Cole
Sings Tony Bennett

26 How Insensitive    7:39    Chick Corea & Hiromi    Duet
27 Drinking Again    3:36    Steven Maglio    Songs For Sinatra Lovers!
28 Cry Me A River    5:22    Tierney Sutton    Desire
29 Our Delight    5:03    Tardo Hammer    Look, Stop & Listen: The Music of
Tadd Dameron

31 Blues In The Night    4:45    Frank Sinatra    Only The Lonely
32 Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread)    4:31    Zoot Simms with
Wilbur Ware and Osie Johnson    The Riverside Records Story
33 I Wanna Be Around    3:02    Tony Bennett & Bono    Duets: An American
Classic
34 Skylark    2:56    Wynton Marsalis & Ellis Marsalis with Reginald Veal
and Herlin Riley    Standard Time, Volume 3: Resolution Of Romance
35 This Time the Dream's on Me    4:46    Banu Gibson    Banu Gibson Sings
Johnny Mercer
36 I'm Old Fashioned    6:57    David Hazeltine    Close TO YOU
37 The Midnight Sun    4:15    Johnny Mercer    My Huckleberry Friend
38 Autumn Leaves    3:22    Erroll Garner    That's My Kick & Gemini

40 Laura    3:32    Oscar Peterson    Jazz 'Round Midnight: Oscar Peterson
41 AC-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive    3:56    Dr. John    In A Sentimental
Mood
42 Summer Wind    4:58    Monty Alexander    Saturday Afternoon Jazz
43 I Thought About You    5:26    Ranee Lee    I Thought About You
44 Everything Happens to Me    6:07    Houston Person    Jazz For When
You're Alone

46 Change Partners [Live]    3:45    Frank Sinatra    Live At The
Meadowlands
47 I Get A Kick Out Of You    2:44    Chris Connor    All About Ronnie
48 Without A Song    6:04    Joe Henderson    The Kicker
49 For Once In My Life    2:34    Michael Bublé    Michael Bublé
50 Come Rain Or Shine    8:46    John Coltrane    The Best of John Coltrane
51 My Heart Stood Still     2:53    The Rat Pack    Rat Pack - Live At The
Sands
52 Moonlight In Vermont    4:42    Harry Allen    Jazz For The Heart

54 Until I Met You (Corner Pocket)    4:31    Melissa Morgan    Until I Met
You
55 Jitterbug Waltz    4:22    Marcus Roberts Trio    New Orleans Meets
Harlem, Vol. I
56 You Fascinate Me So    4:49    Rondi Charleston    Love Is The Thing
57 When I Fall In Love    5:42    Blue Mitchell    Blue's Mood
58 Make The Man Love Me    2:12    Peggy Lee    The Lady is Peggy Lee
59 Star Eyes    5:15    Art Pepper    Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Section
28 I Hear Music    2:42    Billie Holiday    Billie Holiday 1940-49

62 You Make Me Feel So Young [Live]    3:07    Frank Sinatra    Live At The
Meadowlands
63 Bewitched    6:42    Pattie Cossentino    Invitation
64 How About You    5:55    Keith Jarrett Trio    Standards In Norway
65 Sophisticated Lady    5:06    Nicole Metzger & Keith Copeland    Second
Take
66 I Just Can't See For Looking    4:09    Loston Harris    Timeless
67 Serenity    5:00    Nick Hempton Band    Nick Hempton Band

69 I'm In Love Again    5:14    Dee Cassella    I'm Here Now
70 Last Tango in Paris    6:50    Bob Sneider    Nocturne for Ava
71 April In Paris    2:52    Klea Blackhurst    Autumn In New York: Vernon
Duke's Broadway
72 Triste    5:45    Stanley Turrentine    More Than A Mood
73 Triste(Sad)    2:39    Tom Jobim & Elis Regina    Elis & Tom    Bosa nova
160 kbps    4/7/08 12:48 PM    AAC audio file    5/9/09 2:33 PM
74 Meditation (Meditação)    4:35    Toninho Horta    To Jobim with Love
75 O Grande Amor    3:58    David Hazeltine    The Jobim Songbook In New
York

77 Nancy (With The Laughing Face)    3:14    Frank Sinatra    Portrait Of
Sinatra (Disc 1)
78 What's New    4:30    Joe Bushkin    The Road To Oslo & Play It Again,
Joe
79 How I Will Say I Love You    3:11    Tony DeSare    Want You
80 Stairway To The Stars    8:33    Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers Big
Band    Live At Montreux and North Sea
81 Stars Fell On Alabama    4:28    Billie Holiday    Jazz Like You've Never
Heard It Before
82 The Stars Fell On Alabama    3:24    Dave McKenna    Handful Of Stars

84 My Attorney Bernie    3:58    Dave Frishberg    Dave Frishberg At The
Jazz Bakery: Retromania
86 Bye Bye Baby    3:09    Becky Kilgore/Dan Barrett    Watch Out!
87 Moonglow    3:59    Bucky Pizzarelli & Frank Vignola    Moonglow
88 When It's Sleepy Time Down South    6:20    Louis Armstrong    Collection
89 I Want To Be Happy    4:57    Bud Powell    Jazz At Massey Hall Volume 2
90 Lullaby Of Birdland    2:16    Ella Fitzgerald    Ella Fitzgerald
1957-1958

92 How Little It Matters How Little We Know    2:20    Frank Sinatra    The
Complete Reprise Studio Recordings (Disc 6)
93 Lullaby of the Leaves    4:00    Lucky Thompson    Jazz in Paris: With
Dave Pochonet All Stars
94 Medley: But Beautiful/Here's That Rainy Day    4:25    Eliane Elias
Something For You: Eliane Elias Sings & Plays Bill Evans
95 Mood Indigo    3:28    Wynton Marsalis    Live In Swing City: Swingin'
With Duke
96 Day By Day    3:22    Pamela Luss    Magnet
97 When Lights Are Low     9:54    Woody Shaw    Live: Volume Four
98 I've Never Been In Love Before    4:23    Dena DeRose    I Can See
Clearly Now

100 Days Of Wine And Roses    3:24    Marsha Heydt    One Night
101 Under A Blanket Of Blue    4:04    Stacey Kent    Dreamsville
102 I'm In The Mood For Love    5:39    Terence Blanchard    Let's Get Lost
103 I Got Lost In His Arms    4:16    Judy Wexler    Easy on the Heart
105 A Gal in Calico    5:17    Miles DavisJackson/Monk/Heath/Clarke    Miles
Davis and The Jazz Giants
106 Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most    3:50    Mark Murphy    Rah