[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, May 20, 2009

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed May 20 07:21:34 EDT 2009

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fats Waller, b. May 21, 1904
highlights from the new Mosaic Records collection of Louis Armstrong's Decca sessions
previewing the Dirty Dozen Brass Band's appearance at the Iron Horse, May 21 www.iheg.com

8:00 PM Fats Waller Turn on the Heat Honeysuckle Rose Bluebird 1941

8:05 PM Louis Armstrong Satch Plays Fats Ain't Misbehavin' Columbia 1955
8:09 PM Fats Waller At the Piano Honeysuckle Rose Bluebird 1937
8:12 PM Judy Carmichael Come and Get It Christopher Columbus C&D 2009
8:18 PM Swing Masters Volume 3: Gene Krupa Undecided Dare 2009

8:27 PM Duke Heitger Prince of Wails West End Blues Stomp Off 2001
8:31 PM Duke Heitger/Bernd Lhotzky Doin' the Voom Voom Saturday Night Function Arbors 2009
8:34 PM Allen Toussaint The Bright Mississippi Egyptian Fantasy Nonesuch 2009
8:39 PM Kermit Ruffins Livin' a Treme Life Didn't He Ramble Basin Streer 2009

8:47 PM The Dirty Dozen Jelly New Orleans Blues Columbia 1993
8:51 PM The Dirty Dozen The New Orleans Album Don't You Feel My Leg Columbia 1989 w Danny Barker
8:54 PM The Dirty Dozen The New Orleans Album The Monkey Columbia 1989 w Dave Bartholomew
8:58 PM The Dirty Dozen Voodoo Moose the Mooche Columbia 1987 w Branford Marsalis
9:03 PM The Dirty Dozen Medicated Magic Big Chief Ropeadope 2002 w Dr. John

9:12 PM Fats Waller A Handful of Fats I'm Crazy 'Bout My Baby Naxos 1931
9:15 PM Fats Waller A Handful of Fats Twelfth Street Rag Naxos 1935
9:18 PM Fats Waller Turn on the Heat Keepin' Out of Mischief Now Bluebird 1937
9:21 PM Fats Waller The Middle Years/Part 1 The Joint Is Jumpin' Bluebird 1937
9:24 PM Fats Waller The Middle Years/Part 2 Hold Tight Bluebird 1937

9:29 PM Louis Armstrong Complete Decca Sessions Hear Me Talkin' to Ya Mosaic 1939
9:32 PM Louis Armstrong Complete Decca Sessions Save It Pretty Mama Mosaic 1939
9:35 PM Louis Armstrong Complete Decca Sessions West End Blues Mosaic 1939
9:38 PM Louis Armstrong Complete Decca Sessions Savoy Blues Mosaic 1939
9:41 PM Louis Armstrong Complete Decca Sessions I'm Confessin' Mosaic 1939
9:44 PM Louis Armstrong Complete Decca Sessions Our Monday Date Mosaic 1939

9:49 PM Louis Armstrong/Fats Waller In the Thirties I Got Rhythm Forlane 1936
9:52 PM Louis Armstrong/Fats Waller In the Thirties On the Sunny Side of the Street Forlane 1936
9:56 PM Louis Armstrong/Fats Waller In the Thirties Blues Forlane 1936
9:59 PM Louis Armstrong/Fats Waller In the Thirties Honeysuckle Rose Forlane 1936

10:06 PM Fats Waller Turn on the Heat Carolina Shout Bluebird 1941
10:09 PM Fats Waller A Handful of Fats Darktown Strutter's Ball Naxos 1939
10:12 PM Fats Waller Turn on the Heat Viper's Drag Bluebird 1934

10:16 PM Millennial Territory Orchestra We Are MTO Viper Song MOWO! 2009
10:24 PM Catherine Russell Sentimental Streak I've Got That Thing World Village 2008
10:27 PM John Scofield Piety Street Walk With Me EmArcy 2009
10:32 PM Dr. Lonnie Smith Rise Up Tyrone Palmetto 2009

10:40 PM Eddie Daniels/Roger Kellaway A Duet of One New Orleans IPO 2009
10:48 PM Harry Skoler Two Ones Two As One Soliloquy 2009
10:53 PM Mel Martin Where the Warm Winds Blow Ezz-Thetic Jazzed Media 2009

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR