[JPL] Playlist : "Primetime Jazz" * Friday May 22nd * Radio Adelaide 101.5FM

Gregory L Fisher jazzviews at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 20 22:42:20 EDT 2009

This is my playlist for "Primetime Jazz", Friday May 22nd heard on Radio Adelaide 101.5FM (Australia) now from 7-9pm (CST).

In this program I'll be playing some African influenced Jazz from local group "African Sunrise" which was recorded live in concert by Radio Adelaide on Friday March 27th, 2009. The group is led by Jazz lecturer Dustin 'Dusty' Cox on saxophone. Recently he spent some time in Durban, South Africa. While there he was a member of the Darius Brubeck (son of the famous Dave) Quintet.

Many thanks to all the fine artists and labels who continue to support great Jazz being heard in this part of the world.

Greg Fisher
for Radio Adelaide 101.5 FM
streaming live 24/7 at http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au/online
Check out our Jazz Blog @ http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au/jazz

Friday (What's New?) 22/05/2009 Primetime Jazz    Radio Adelaide 101.5FM
Artiste / CD Title / Track Title / Label
Dr Lonnie Smith / Rise Up! / People Make The World Go Round / Palmetto Records
John Scofield & Pat Metheny / I Can See Your House From Here / One Way To Be / Blue Note
Dianne Reeves / I Remember / Afro Blue / Blue Note
Mike Clinco / Neon / Bookends / Whaling City Sound
Joe Parillo Trio (w/Jay Hoggard) / Segments / Sandbox / Neoga Records
Dave Holland Sextet / Pass It On / Equality / Dare2 Records
* FGHR / Going Home / Three Miles Big / Fuse Music
* Gerard Masters Trio / Pendulum / Stockton Shuffle / JazzGroove Records
* "African Sunrise" (feat 'Dusty' Cox) / Lunchtime Concert Elder Hall  /Home At Last / Radio Adelaide Recording
* "African Sunrise" (feat 'Dusty' Cox) / Lunchtime Concert Elder Hall / Nants Inkululeku / Radio Adelaide Recording
* "African Sunrise" (feat 'Dusty' Cox) / Lunchtime Concert Elder Hall / Bototsi / Radio Adelaide Recording
* "African Sunrise" (feat 'Dusty' Cox) / Lunchtime Concert Elder Hall / Beauty Of Sunrise / Radio Adelaide Recording
Gordon James / Gordon James: NYNJPA     / Grazin' In the Grass / Caress Music
Dr Lonnie Smith / Boogaloo To Beck / The New Pollution / Scufflin' Records

* denotes Australian artist(s) on recording.

      Need a Holiday? Win a $10,000 Holiday of your choice. Enter now.http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJxN2x2ZmNpBF9zAzIwMjM2MTY2MTMEdG1fZG1lY2gDVGV4dCBMaW5rBHRtX2xuawNVMTEwMzk3NwR0bV9uZXQDWWFob28hBHRtX3BvcwN0YWdsaW5lBHRtX3BwdHkDYXVueg--/SIG=14600t3ni/**http%3A//au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/creativeholidays/*http%3A//au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/%3Fp1=other%26p2=au%26p3=mailtagline