[JPL] Afterglow holiday specials for PRX

David Johnson djohnso2001 at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 12:28:52 EDT 2009

Hey all, if you're looking for one-hour programs for Memorial Day or the 4th of July, we've posted a couple of Afterglow shows--5-seg, 59:00 with news cutaway option and midpoint music bed--on PRX.  The first, "The Year We Won the War," looks at 1945 through music, news clips, and interviews with historian Jim Madison and a couple of American homefront civilians:

http://www.prx.org/pieces/36306  (could also be used for 4th of July)

"Born On the 4th of July:  a Popular-Song Celebration of Independence Day" features music from Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Paul Robeson, Margaret Whiting, Duke Ellington, and others--a more straight-ahead music program with a little bit of background on some of the songs:

http://www.prx.org/pieces/36134-born-on-the-fourth-of-july-a-popular-song-celebra

Happy summer holidays to all,

David Brent Johnson
Night Lights/Afterglow