Fwd: [JPL] Afterglow holiday specials for PRX

jctrane at gmail.com jctrane at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:07:42 EDT 2009

All.....FYI      Gene Abkarian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Johnson <djohnso2001 at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, May 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Subject: [JPL] Afterglow holiday specials for PRX
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com

Hey all, if you're looking for one-hour programs for Memorial Day or
the 4th of July, we've posted a couple of Afterglow shows--5-seg,
59:00 with news cutaway option and midpoint music bed--on PRX.  The
first, "The Year We Won the War," looks at 1945 through music, news
clips, and interviews with historian Jim Madison and a couple of
American homefront civilians:

http://www.prx.org/pieces/36306  (could also be used for 4th of July)

"Born On the 4th of July:  a Popular-Song Celebration of Independence
Day" features music from Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Paul Robeson,
Margaret Whiting, Duke Ellington, and others--a more straight-ahead
music program with a little bit of background on some of the songs:

http://www.prx.org/pieces/36134-born-on-the-fourth-of-july-a-popular-song-celebra

Happy summer holidays to all,

David Brent Johnson
Night Lights/Afterglow