[JPL] Fw: Dobbin's Den May 24, 2009

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri May 22 08:56:46 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 730
On today's edition we hear from a number of arrangers including Bob Brookmeyer, Gil Evans, George Russell, Darcy James Argue and Vince Mendoza
DOBBIN'S DEN [#730]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
May 24 2009

TEDDY CHARLES

TENTET [JAZZ BEAT]

Lydian M-1 (composed and arranger by George Russell)

BUDDY DeFRANCO

1949-1952 STUDIO PERFROMANCES [HEP]

A Bird In Igor's Yard (comp & arr by George Russell

WOODY HERMAN

EBONY CONCERTO [SOUNDIES]

Chet Huntley talks with Igor Stravinsky

Ebony Concerto (comp. by Stravinsky)

CARL SAUNDERS

THE LOST BILL HOLMAN CHARTS [MAMA]

Doctor Deep (comp & arr by Holman)

BILL RUSSO

SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING BLUE [FRESH SOUND]

East Hampton Blues

MANNY ALBAM

WEST SIDE STORY [FRESH SOUND]

Something's Coming

BOB BROOKMEYER

NEW WORKS [CHALLENGE]

Celebration Jig (New Art Orchestra)

MUSIC FOR STRING QUARTET & ORCHESTRA [CHALLENGE]

Wood Dance

GIL EVANS

PACIFIC JAZZ SESSIONS [BLUE NOTE]

Chant of the Weed

JAMES DARCY ARGUE

INFERNAL MACHINES [iC]

*Zeno

GERALD WILSON

MONTEREY MOODS [MACK AVENUE]

Bass Solo

DIANA KRALL

QUIET NIGHTS [VERVE]

*Walk On By  (arr. Claus Ogerman)

CLAUS OGERMAN / MICHAEL BRECKER

CITYSCAPE [MOSAIC]

Nightwings (comp & arr by Ogerman)

VINCE MENDOZA

BLAUKLANG [ACT]

Blues for Pablo

EMILIE-CLAIRE BARLOW

HAVEN'T WE MET [EMPRESS MUSIC]

*Jardin d'hiver (string arr by Barlow)

AMINA FIGAROVA

\ABOVE THE CLOUDS [MUNICH]

Sharp Corners

CARLA BLEY

APPEARING NIGHTLY [WATT]

Someone To Watch

JILL TOWNSEND

TALES FROM THE SEA [PAGETOWN]

*From A Whisper To A Roar (comp. & arr. by Bill Coon)

TOSHIKO AKIYOSHI

DESERT LADY FANTASY [COLUMBIA]

Bebop (arr. by Toshiko)

CANADIAN CONTENT: 4 OF 20

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)