[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 5/24

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon May 25 09:42:36 EDT 2009

Here's this past weekend's edition of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid (Airmen of Note-Kurt Elling special)

Airmen of Note        Cottontail
USAF

Airmen of Note        Out of this World

Airmen of Note        I Only Have Eyes for You

Airmen of Note        Change Partners

Airmen of Note        If You Never Come Back to Me

Airmen of Note        Tight

Airmen of Note        Time to Say Goodbye

Airmen of Note        Resolution

1:00AM

Benny Goodman          I Got Rhythm                  Carnegie Hall
Columbia/Legacy

Benny Goodman      Sing, Sing, Sing                                 "
"

Miles Davis                  So What                            Kind of Blue
Columbia/Legacy

Kenny Burrell        Isabella                                     Prime
High Note

Carl Allen-Rodney Whitaker     Work to Do           (same)
Mack Avenue

2:00AM

Swing Masters       Let's Dance              Benny, King of Swing
Dare

Bipolar                   Killer Beau                 Euphrates, Me Jane
Bipolar

Benny Golson          L'Adieu                   New Time, New 'Tet
Concord

Hot Club of San Francisco      Choros

                            Django Reinhardt and the Impressionists
Azica

Hot Club of San Francisco     Clair de Lune         "
"

Norma Winstone           Ciant                           Distances
ECM

Joe Lovano      Vesti la Giubba                Viva Caruso
Blue Note

Gianluigi Trovesi      Il Saltellar Gioioso    Profumo di Violetta
ECM

Enrico Pieranunzi    Sonata K. 531      Pieranunci plays Scarlatti
CamJazz

3:00AM

London Horn Sound      Blues for Hughie           Give it One
Cala

Thomas Marriott        Take it to the Ozone          Flexicon
Origin

Freddie Hubbard              Birdlike                    Ready for Freddie
Blue Note

Enrico Rava                       Interiors                   New York Days
ECM

Ada Rovatti              The Green Factor                     (same)
Piloo

Omar Sosa       Sugar Baby Blues                  Across the Divide
Half Note

4:00AM

Billy Harper    Cast the First Stone?        Blueprints of Jazz 2
Talking House

New Jazz Composers Octet     The Faith Suite    The Turning Gate     Motema

Uros Markovic        Wade in the Water                    Jesus Saves
CTA

John Scofield                That's Enough                      Piety Street
Emarcy

Deanna Witkowski      Song of Simeon                From This Place
Tilapia

Jack Schantz     What a Friend We Have in Jesus

                                                               I Love to
Tell the Story            Federated

5:00AM

Bobby Sanabria            Theme and Variations/Tin-Tin Deo

                                                              Kenya
Revisited Live               Jazzheads

Tiempo Libre       Fuga Cha-cha-cha               Bach in Havana
Sony

Benny Goodman      Four Once More          Together Again
RCA

Benny Goodman      Honeysuckle Rose      Carnegie Hall Concert
Columbia/Legacy

Scotty Barnhart    Pay Me My Money               Say It Plain
Unity

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV