[JPL] PLAYLIST: Jazz: Memorial Day & Private Dave Brubeck for Monday May 25, 2009 with George Thomas

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Mon May 25 22:06:04 EDT 2009

Jazz: Memorial Day & Private Dave Brubeck for Monday May 25, 2009 with
George Thomas

Playlist

08:00 PM
You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To
Artist Name 	Dave Brubeck
Composer 	Cole Porter
Soloists 	Dave Brubeck-Piano
CD/Album 	Private Brubeck Remembers
Record co./Cat # 	Telarc Jazz 83605
Release Year 	2004

08:07 PM
Paper Doll
Artist Name 	Mills Brothers
CD/Album 	World War 2 Favorites
Record co./Cat # 	Goldies 25433

08:10 PM
One O'Clock Jump
Artist Name 	Count Basie and His Orchestra
CD/Album 	World War 2 Favorites
Record co./Cat # 	Goldies 25433

08:13 PM
I've Found A New Baby
Artist Name 	Nat King Cole, Shorty Sherock, J.J. Johnson
Composer 	Jack Palmer-Spencer Williams
Soloists 	Red Callender-Bass ; Johnny Miller-Bass ; Les Paul-Guitar ;
Illinois Jacquet-Tenor Sax ; Jack McVea-Tenor Sax
CD/Album 	Jazz At The Philharmonic: The First Concert
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 314 521 646-2
Release Year 	1944

08:24 PM
Stormy Weather
Artist Name 	Lena Horne
CD/Album 	World War 2 Favorites
Record co./Cat # 	Goldies 25433

08:27 PM
Groovin'
Artist Name 	Louis Armstrong
CD/Album 	The Complete Louis Armstrong Decca Sessions (1935-1946)
Record co./Cat # 	Mosaic 7-243
Release Year 	1944

08:30 PM
Cotton Tail
Artist Name 	Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
CD/Album 	The Best Of Ken Burns Jazz
Record co./Cat # 	Columbia/Legacy 61439
Release Year 	1940

08:32 PM
Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
Artist Name 	Bing Crosby & Louis Armstrong
CD/Album 	Bing & Satchmo
Record co./Cat # 	DRG 91515
Release Year 	1960

08:35 PM
Solitude
Artist Name 	Billie Holiday
CD/Album 	Love Songs
Record co./Cat # 	Columbia/Legacy 65757
Release Year 	1941

08:39 PM
Groovin' High
Artist Name 	Dizzy Gillespie Sextet
Composer 	Dizzy Gillespie
Soloists 	Dizzy Gillespie-Trumpet ; Charlie Paker-Alto Sax
CD/Album 	The Best Of Ken Burns Jazz
Record co./Cat # 	Columbia/Legacy 61439
Release Year 	1945

08:44 PM
Where Or When
Artist Name 	Dave Brubeck
Soloists 	Dave Brubeck-Piano
CD/Album 	Private Brubeck Remembers
Record co./Cat # 	Telarc Jazz 83605
Release Year 	2004

08:49 PM
One Dozen Roses
Artist Name 	Connie Boswell
CD/Album 	We'll Meet Again
Record co./Cat # 	MCA/Smithsonian 100

08:53 PM
Basin Street Blues
Artist Name 	Diana Krall
Soloists 	Diana Krall-Vocals & Piano
CD/Album 	Higher Ground - Hurricane Relief Benefit Concert
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 45238 2
Release Year 	2005

09:01 PM
Embraceable You
Artist Name 	Nat King Cole Trio
CD/Album 	The Great Jazz Vocalists Sing The Gershwin Songbook
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 7-80506-2
Release Year 	1961

09:04 PM
Winin' Boy Blues
Artist Name 	Allen Toussaint
Composer 	Jelly Roll Morton
Soloists 	Allen Toussaint-Piano ; Brad Mehldau-Piano
CD/Album 	The Bright Mississippi
Record co./Cat # 	Nonesuch 480380-2
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

09:11 PM
In The Mood
Artist Name 	Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
CD/Album 	I'm Beginning To See The Light-The War
Record co./Cat # 	Legacy 14539 2

09:15 PM
Let Me Off Uptown
Artist Name 	Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Soloists 	Anita O'Day-Vocals ; Roy Eldridge-Trumpet ; Gene Krupa-Drums
CD/Album 	I'm Beginning To See The Light-The War
Record co./Cat # 	Legacy 14539 2
Release Year 	1941

09:18 PM
Rose Room
Artist Name 	Benny Goodman
Soloists 	Benny Goodman-Clarinet ; Charlie Christian-Guitar
CD/Album 	I'm Beginning To See The Light-The War
Record co./Cat # 	Legacy 14539-2
Release Year 	1939

09:24 PM
How Are Things In Glocca Morra?
Artist Name 	Sonny Rollins
Composer 	B. Lane-E. Harburg
Soloists 	Sonny Rollins-Tenor Sax ; Donald Byrd-Trumpet ; Wynton
Kelly-Piano ; Gene Ramey-Bass ; Max Roach-Drums
CD/Album 	Volume One
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 7-81542-2
Release Year 	1956

09:29 PM
Soul Meeting
Artist Name 	Ray Charles & Milt Jackson
Soloists 	Ray Charles-Piano ; Milt Jackson-Vibes ; Kenny Burrell-Guitar
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic/Rhino 74731
Release Year 	1958

09:36 PM
Summertime
Artist Name 	Nina Simone
Composer 	Gershwin
Soloists 	Nina Simone-Piano & Vocals
CD/Album 	The Great Jazz Vocalists Sing The Gershwin Songbook
Record co./Cat # 	Capitol Jazz 7-80506-2
Release Year 	1959

09:43 PM
More Than You Know
Artist Name 	Brad Mehldau Trio