[JPL] The Jazz Session teams up with the Tanglewood Jazz Festival

Jason Crane|The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Thu May 28 20:49:03 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

The following is a press release sent out today by the organizers of the
2009 Tanglewood Jazz Festival. You can read and listen to my coverage of
last year's festival here:

http://thejazzsession.com/2009/05/28/tjs-teams-up-with-the-tanglewood-jazz-festival/

Here's the press release:

Tanglewood Jazz Festival and The Jazz Session Partner

For the first time, the Tanglewood Jazz Festival welcomes Jason Crane
and The Jazz Session to the Jazz Shop Tent where Jason will conduct live
interviews with artists, ticket holders and others that will be taped
for broadcast on his popular interview program (thejazzsession.com).

What’s more, The Jazz Session just announced a new partnership with
Allabout jazz.com that will feature the broadcasts on its home page.
Allaboutjazz.com is the leading and longest running jazz music website,
attracting both enthusiasts and industry professionals while reaching
nearly one million unique visitors per month.

“Jason Crane and I have worked together for several years and closely
aligning our two properties makes perfect sense as we move forward,”
said Allaboutjazz founder and publisher, Michael Ricci. “AAJ already
publishes weekly interviews and including The Jazz Session on our roster
will raise the entertainment value at the website and further add to our
already impressive coverage of jazz.”

Crane said “on The Jazz Session, we focus on the music and the stories
behind the music and we let the musicians do most of the talking.” Crane
has taped interviews for later broadcast at the Tanglewood Jazz Festival
in the past, but this is the first time he will have a dedicated spot in
the Jazz Shop Tent and the public is invited to listen in.

“I’m thrilled to be returning to the Tanglewood Jazz Festival,” said
Crane. “This is a top-notch festival in one of the most beautiful
settings on the East Coast. It’s a very intimate festival, too, which is
perfect for getting to know — and interact with — the artists.”

The Jazz Shop Tent is located near the Hawthorne Tent where the Jazz
Café artists perform. Jason will be there throughout the day conducting
interviews and there will be a small seating area for people to observe.

“I’m really looking forward to having The Jazz Session with us
throughout the weekend,” said Dawn Singh, Senior Project Coordinator of
the jazz festival. “Jason is a real professional, he’s great to work
with, has enormous expertise and is well regarded by the musicians. It’s
an excellent partnership all the way around.”

The Tanglewood Jazz Festival kicks off on Friday, September 4, at 6:30
with alto saxophonist, Benny Reid, followed at 8:00 by “An Evening with
Paquito d’Rivera.” For more info, go to tanglewoodjazzfestival.org.

--30--

--
Jason Crane
Host/Producer