[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, May 29, 2009

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Fri May 29 12:45:17 EDT 2009

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Friday, May 29, 2009

Dave McKenna, sideman and solo pianist, b. Woonsocket, RI, May 30, 1930
the Dave McKenna tribute site: http://www.aahome.com/dave/

Benny Goodman, King of Swing, b. Chicago, May 30, 1909
the official BG site: http://www.bennygoodman.com/

8:00 PM Dave McKenna An Intimate Offering Tea for Two Arbors 2002

8:09 PM Steve Kuhn Live at Birdland If I Were a Bell Blue Note 2008 Scullers June 3
8:19 PM Eddie Daniels/Roger Ke;;away A Duet of One After You've Gone IPO 2009

Dave McKenna, piano:
8:28 PM Benny Goodman Swing Swing Swing Soft Lights and Sweet Music Music Masters 1955
8:32 PM Bobby Hackett Complete Solo Sessions Blue in My Heart Mosaic 1958
8:35 PM Bob Wilber New Clarinet in Town Upper Manhattan Medical Group Classic Jazz 1959
8:39 PM Steve Lacy Early Years Out of Nowhere Fresh Sound 1956
8:43 PM Ruby Braff with Dave McKenna Blue Turning Grey Over You Gambit 1956

8:48 PM Allred/Barnhart/Coots The ABC's of Jazz Jitterbug Waltz/Valse Hot Arbors 2009
8:55 PM Judy Carmichael Come and Get It Boisdale Blues C&D 2009
8:59 PM Kendra Shank Mosaic Laughing at Life/Smile Challenge 2009

9:07 PM Dave McKenna A Celebration of Hoagy Carmichael Stardust Concord Jazz 1983
9:11 PM Dave McKenna Shadows 'n' Dreams I'll See You in My Dreams Concord Jazz 1991
9:15 PM Dave McKenna/Joe Temperley Sunbeam and Thundercloud Tricotism Concord Jazz 1996
9:19 PM Dave McKenna Solo Piano Scrapple From the Apple Chiaroscuro 1977

9:26 PM Benny Goodman Classic Orchestra Sessions Wrappin' It Up Mosaic 1951
9:29 PM Benny Goodman Classic Orchestra Sessions King Porter Stomp Mosaic 1951
9:32 PM Benny Goodman Classic Orchestra Sessions Solo Flightt Mosaic 1941
9:35 PM Benny Goodman Classic Orchestra Sessions La Rosita Mosaic 1941
9:39 PM Benny Goodman Classic Orchestra Sessions Pound Ridge Mosaic 1941

9:45 PM Swing Masters Volume 3: Gene Krupa Disc Jockey Jump Dare 2009
9:49 PM Ernestine Anderson A Song for You This Can't Be Love High Note 2009
9:53 PM Claudio Roditi Brazilliance x 4 Rapaz de Bem Resonance 2009
9:58 PM Sean Jones The Search Within Sunday Reflections Mack Avenue 2009

tunes by Charlie Parker:
10:06 PM Charlie Parker Complete Verve Recordings Confirmation Verve 1953
10:09 PM Joe Cohn Shared Contemplations Barbados Criss Cross Jazz 2009
10:14 PM Kyle Asche Blues for Mel Swedish Schnapps Tippin' 2009
10:20 PM Yotam Silberstein Next Page Cheryl Positone 2009

10:29 PM Dan Adler All Things Familiar If I Were a Jazz Man Emdan 2009
10:35 PM Towner Galaher Courageous Hearts Hot House  2009
10:38 PM Jermaine Landsberger Getting' Blazed Filthy McNasty Resonance 2009

10:45 PM Dominick Farinacci Lovers Tales and Dancers Lonely Woman Koch 2009
10:52 PM Joe Lovano Us Five Folk Art Song for Judy Blue Note 2009

10:57 PM Dave McKenna A Handful of Stars Lost in the Stars Concord Jazz 1993

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR