[JPL] Vinyl Side Of Midnight Program List; 89.7fm WLNZ

MICHAEL P STRATTON dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 31 15:36:46 EDT 2009

Vinyl Side of Midnight 2009

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of Midnight, which can be heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in internationally on the web on www.wlnz.org  - hosted by Mike Stratton, Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern Standard Time
Feel free to forward this to friends.
If you’ve received this and would like to be removed from the list simply contact me at dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
You can use that same address for promotional information.
For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com

5/31/09

Yesterday marked the 100th birthday of Benny Goodman. I dug through my collection and came up with some amazing sides of Goodman in big band formats, with and without vocalists, live and in the studio. Lionel James, Teddy Wilson, Gene Krupa, Charlie Christian, Fletcher Henderson and Lester Young are just a few of the artists we’ll hear playing on these sides.

So tonight we will listen to a bunch of these recordings and celebrate the life and contribution of Benny Goodman.

Benny Goodman Sextet - Flying Home
Benny Goodman Sextet - Stardust
Benny Goodman Sextet - Rose Room
Benny Goodman Sextet - AC/DC Current
Benny Goodman Sextet - South Of The Border

Benny Goodman and His Orchestra - Bugle Call Rag
Benny Goodman and His Orchestra - St. Louis Blues
Benny Goodman and His Orchestra - Swingtime In The Rockies
Bennie Goodman and His Orchestra - One O’Clock Jump
Bennie Goodman Quartet - Exactly Like You

Benny Goodman At Carnegie Hall 1938
Don’t Be That Way
Sometimes I’m Happy
One O’Clock Jump

Benny Goodman Sextet - Pick A Rib
Benny Goodman Sextet - Till Tom Special
Benny Goodman Sextet - Gone With What Rib
Benny Goodman Sextet - The Sheik Of Araby
Benny Goodman Sextet - Soft Winds
Benny Goodman Trio - After You’ve Gone
Benny Goodman Quartet - Avalon
Benny Goodman Orchestra - In A Sentimental Mood
Benny Goodman Orchestra - The Glory Of Love
Benny Goodman Orchestra - Goody Goody
Benny Goodman Quartet - Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen

All Stars - Gone With What Wind
Benny Goodman Sextet - Benny’s Bugle
Benny Goodman Sextet - Wholly Cats
Benny Goodman Sextet - Honeysuckle Rose
Benny Goodman Sextet - Flying Home
Benny Goodman Sextet - Good Enough To Keep (Air Mail Special)

Benny Goodman At Carnegie Hall 1938
Blue Skies
Loch Lomond
Blue Room
Swingtime In The Rockies

Benny Goodman Quartet - Moonglow
Benny Goodman Orchestra - King Porter Stomp
Benny Goodman Orchestra - Sing, Sing, Sing

Benny Goodman Sextet - Wholly Cats
Benny Goodman Sextet - Ida, Sweet As Apple Cider
Benny Goodman Sextet - Breakfast Feud
Benny Goodman Sextet - Song Of The Islands
Benny Goodman Sextet - Flying Home