[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 5-31-09

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun May 31 19:26:54 EDT 2009

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm

1) Nilson Matta-Day & Night (Walking With My Bass)
2) Joey DeFrancesco-Filthy McNasty (Finger Poppin')
3) Cynthia Scott-If The Shoe Fits (Dream For One Bright World)
4) Bill Anschell/Brent Jensen-I'm Old Fashioned (We Couldn't Agree More)

Mystery Musician Quiz #1: drummer Louis Hayes [72nd birthday]
5) Louis Hayes-Naturally (Louis Hayes & the Cannonball Legacy Band)
6) Louis Hayes w/Cannonball Adderley-Jeannine (Them Dirty Blues)
7) Louis Hayes w/Flanagan/Coltrane/Burrell-Eclypso (The Cats)

8) Burgstaller Martignon 4-Chopin Meets Jobim (Mozart's Blue Dreams)
9) Darcy James Argue's Secret Society-Zeno (Infernal Machines)
10) Chaise Lounge-Big Deal on M Street (Second Hand Smoke)

In town this week: Andy Statman
11) Andy Statman w/Buell Neidlinger-Stardust (Rear View Mirror)
12) Andy Statman w/David Grisman-Shalom Aleichem (Songs of Our Fathers)

Mystery Musician Quiz #2: Marty Ehrlich [54th birthday]
13) Marty Ehrlich-Blind Willie McTell (Sojourn)
14) Marty Ehrlich-Hymn (Line On Love)
15) Marty Ehrlich-Postlude (The Long View)

In town this week: Portuguese saxophonist Rodrigo Amado
16) Rodrigo Amado/Carlos Zingaro/Tomas Ulrich/Ken Filiano-The City (Surface)

17) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com