[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 1 11:51:50 EDT 2009

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice
of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on
the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA
service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and
reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each
weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone
on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into
Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM
Pacific). Go to the following url (http://www.voanews.com/english/
Entertainment/musicmixold.cfm) and click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” to hear
the show!

Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on
schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your
timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-
america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis
Jazz America…Voice of America
105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424            email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1059...5-6 September 2009
LESTER YOUNG…jumpin’ with symphony sid (1949)

ROY HARGROVE BIG BAND…mambo for roy (emergence)

*Stefon Harris Interview
STEFON HARRIS & BLACKOUT…shake it for me (urbanus)

ROY AYERS…lil’s paradise (stone soul picnic)

SERGIO MENDES…mas que nada (brazil ‘66)

MARK LEVINE & THE LATIN TINGE…nora (off & on)

*Stefon Harris Interview
STEFON HARRIS & BLACKOUT…they won’t go (when I go) (urbanus)

MILES DAVIS…Freddie freeloader (kind of blue)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1060...5-6 September 2009
COURTNEY PINE…each one must teach one (modern day jazz stories)

ROBERTA GAMBARINI…day in day out (so in love)

*Stefon Harris Interview
STEFON HARRIS & BLACKOUT…gone (urbanus)

SONNY ROLLINS…st. thomas (saxophone colossus)

CHARLIE MARIANO & PORK PIE…bassamba (transitory)

FREDDY COLE…I will wait for you (the dreamer in me)

*Stefon Harris Interview
STEFON HARRIS & BLACKOUT…tanktified (urbanus)

RED NORVO…slam slam blues (1945)

Cut Three…Next Show Promo…:40

SHOWS #1061-1062...12-13 September 2009
Special Feature: Conversation with the three
members of Medeski, Martin & Wood and music
from their four releases in the past 2 years, the
three Radiolarian’s CD’s and Zaebos: Book of
Angels Vol.2 The music of John Zorn.