[JPL] PLAYLIST-Jazz: R.I.P. Eddie Higgins & Chris Connor for Wednesday, 09/02/09 with George Thomas

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Wed Sep 2 23:08:17 EDT 2009

Jazz: R.I.P. Eddie Higgins & Chris Connor for Wednesday, 09/02/09 with
George Thomas

We listen to the work of the late pianist Eddie Higgins (1932-2009) &
vocalist Chris Connor (1927-2009) on her own and with bandleader Stan
Kenton.

Playlist

9:00pm
How My Heart Sings
Artist Name 	Eddie Higgins Trio
Composer 	Earl Zindars
Soloists 	Eddie Higgins-Piano ; Ray Drummond-Bass ; Ben Riley-Drums
CD/Album 	Haunted Heart
Record co./Cat # 	Sunnyside 1080
Release Year 	1997
Note 	R.I.P. Eddie Higgins 8.31.2009

9:06pm
I Concentrate On You
Artist Name 	Chris Connor
Composer 	Cole Porter
Soloists 	Chris Connor-Vocals ; J.J. Johnson-Trombone ; Kai Winding-Trombone
CD/Album 	This Is Chris
Record co./Cat # 	Avenue Jazz/Bethlehem 76684
Release Year 	1955
Note 	R.I.P. Chris Connor 8.29.2009

9:10pm
In The Chapel In The Moonlight
Artist Name 	Sonny Rollins
Composer 	Billy Hill
Soloists 	Sonny Rollins-Tenor Sax ; Hampton Hawes-Piano ; Barney
Kessel-Guitar ; Leroy Vinnegar-Bass ; Shelly Manne-Drums
CD/Album 	And The Contemporary Leaders
Record co./Cat # 	Contemporary/OJC 340-2
Release Year 	1958

9:17pm
All About Ronnie
Artist Name 	Stan Kenton
Composer 	Joe Greene
Soloists 	Chris Connor-Vocals ; Conti Condoli-Trumpet
CD/Album 	Retrospective
Record co./Cat # 	Capitol Jazz 7 97350 2
Release Year 	1953
Note 	R.I.P. Chris Connor 8.29.2009

9:21pm
Lover Come Back To Me
Artist Name 	Eddie Higgins Trio
Composer 	Sigmund Romberg & Oscar Hammerstein II
Soloists 	Eddie Higgins-Piano ; Ray Drummond-Bass ; Ben Riley-Drums
CD/Album 	Haunted Heart
Record co./Cat # 	Sunnyside 1080
Release Year 	1997
Note 	R.I.P. Eddie Higgins 8.31.2009

9:29pm
Autumn In New York
Artist Name 	Heath Brothers
Composer 	Vernon Duke
Soloists 	Jimmy Heath-Tenor Sax ; Jeb Patton-Piano ; David Wong-Bass ;
Albert "Tootie" Heath-Drums
CD/Album 	Endurance
Record co./Cat # 	Jazz Legacy Productions 0901004
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

9:38pm
Lover Come Back To Me
Artist Name 	Rahsaan Roland Kirk & Al Hibbler
Composer 	Sigmund Romberg & Oscar Hammerstein II
Soloists 	Rahsaan Roland Kirk-Stritch, Manzello ; Al Hibbler-Vocals ; Hank
Jones-Piano
CD/Album 	A Meeting Of The Times
Record co./Cat # 	Collectables 6266
Release Year 	1972

9:42pm
Tomorrow Is Mine
Artist Name 	Mark Levine and the Latin Tinge
Composer 	Moacir Santos
Soloists 	Mark Levine-Piano
CD/Album 	Off & On - The Music Of Moacir Santos
Record co./Cat # 	Left Coast Clave 004
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

9:42pm
Tomorrow Is Mine
Artist Name 	Mark Levine and the Latin Tinge
Composer 	Moacir Santos
Soloists 	Mark Levine-Piano
CD/Album 	Off & On - The Music Of Moacir Santos
Record co./Cat # 	Left Coast Clave 004
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

9:48pm
Secret Love
Artist Name 	James Moody
Composer 	Fain & Webster
Soloists 	James Moody-Tenor Sax ; Kenny Barron-Piano ; Todd Coolman-Bass ;
Lewis Nash-Drums
CD/Album 	4A
Record co./Cat # 	IPO Recordings 1016
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

10:00pm
Stolen Moments
Artist Name 	Bill Cunliffe
Composer 	Oliver Nelson
Arranger 	Bill Cunliffe
Soloists 	Bill Cunliffe-Piano ; Terell Stafford-Trumpet ; Jeff
Clayton-Alto Sax ; Andy Martin-Trombone
CD/Album 	The Blues And The Abstract Truth, Take 2
Record co./Cat # 	Resonance Records 2003
Release Year 	2008

10:07pm
Lullaby Of Birdland
Artist Name 	Chris Connor
Composer 	George Shearing
Soloists 	Chris Connor-Vocals ; Ellis Larkins-Piano ; Everett
Barksdale-Guitar ; Beverly Peer-Bass
CD/Album 	SingsLullabys Of Birdland
Release Year 	1954
Note 	R.I.P. Chris Connor 8.29.2009

10:10pm
Body And Soul
Artist Name 	Freddie Hubbard
Composer 	Green-Heyman-Sour-Egton
Soloists 	Freddie Hubbard-Trumpet ; Roland Hanna-Piano ; Ron Carter-Bass ;
Louis Hayes-Drums
CD/Album 	Without A Song - Live In Europe 1969
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 36957 2
Release Year 	1969
Note 	New

10:22pm
Stablemates
Artist Name 	Hailey Niswanger
Composer 	Benny Golson
Soloists 	Hailey Niswanger-Alto Sax ; Michael Palma-Piano
CD/Album 	Confeddie
Record co./Cat # 	www.haileyniswanger.com
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

10:29pm
Felicidade
Artist Name 	Eddie Higgins
Composer 	Antonio Carlos Jobim
Soloists 	Eddie Higgins-Piano ; Jay Leonhart-Bass ; Terry Clarke-Drums
CD/Album 	Speaking Of Jobim
Record co./Cat # 	Sunnyside 1092
Release Year 	1998
Note 	R.I.P. Eddie Higgins 8.31.2009

10:36pm
Ridin' High
Artist Name 	Chris Connor
Composer 	Cole Porter
Soloists 	Chris Connor-Vocals ; Herbie Mann-Flute
CD/Album 	This Is Chris
Record co./Cat # 	Avenue Jazz/Bethlehem 76684
Release Year 	1955
Note 	R.I.P. Chris Connor 8.29.2009

10:42pm
Medley: I Didn't Know What Time It Was / Time Was / Time On My Hands
Artist Name 	Eddie Higgins
Soloists 	Eddie Higgins-Piano
CD/Album 	Time On My Hands
Record co./Cat # 	Arbors Jazz Records 19236
Release Year 	2000
Note 	R.I.P. Eddie Higgins 8.31.2009

10:50pm
All This And Heaven Too
Artist Name 	Chris Connor
Composer 	De Lange-Van Heusen
Soloists 	Chris Connor-Vocals
CD/Album 	This Is Chris
Record co./Cat # 	Avenue Jazz/Bethlehem 76684
Release Year 	1955
Note 	R.I.P. Chris Connor 8.29.2009

10:53pm
You Taught My Heart To Sing
Artist Name 	McCoy Tyner
Composer 	McCoy Tyner
Soloists 	McCoy Tyner-Piano
CD/Album 	Solo - Live From San Francisco
Record co./Cat # 	HalfNote/McCoy Tyner Music 4541
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

--
Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas