[JPL] WMOT News

jazz at imaginaryrecords.com jazz at imaginaryrecords.com
Thu Sep 3 16:36:14 EDT 2009

I don't suppose the probably highly-paid "consultant" bothered to note that most of these programs are already broadcast in the market on one or the other of the signals from WPLN Nashville, did he?  And did anyone take into account the affect on cume from the overly frequent diversions from music to low-fidelity MTSU sports programming, especially during football season?  I know *I* tune out when that lovely phone-line feed replaces the stereo music!!!  And, I will be tuning out when these programs are on, as I already don't listen to them on WPLN.

How many months of jazz would the consultant's fee have paid for?

And I remain dubious as to the logic that concludes that if public radio isn't pulling good Arbitron numbers, that station has *failed* and needs to be changed.  That's commercial-radio thinking.

Lloyd Townsend
Imaginary Records, Nashville
one of 2000....