[JPL] KZYX Playlists: The Jazz Odyssey, Monday, August 24, & Jazz from the Wharf, Thursday, August 27

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Thu Sep 3 20:37:39 EDT 2009

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY Monday, August 24, KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio
www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Artist    Song    Album    Label
Lavay Smith--Deed I Do--Miss Smith to You--Fat Note

Slide Hampton--Impossible Waltz--Mellow-Dy--LRC
Wallace Davenport--Rosetta--Wallace Davenport with Jim Robinson & Louis
Nelson--My Jazz
Jimmy Hamilton--Blues for a Princess--America's Greatest Jazz--World's
Greatest Music

Scotty Barnhart--Giant Steps--Say it Plain--DIG
Tamir Hendelman--Sycamore--Playground--CMSB
Jacky Terrasson--Bye Bye Blackbird--Jacky Terrasson--Blue Note

Realistic Orchestra--Search--Symphonies from Down the Block--Jazz Mafia
SFJAZZ Collective--Overground (Invocation)--Inaugural Season Live
2004--SFJAZZ

Jackie Ryan--Doozy--Doozy--OpenArt
Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse All-Stars--Blind Man's Bluff    Lighthouse
All-Stars--Contemporary
Deep Blue Organ Trio--Short Story--Folk Music--Origin

JAZZ FROM THE WHARF Thursday, August 27, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Artist    Song    Album    Label
Doug Sahm--All the Way to Nothing--Hell of a Spell--Takoma

Mark Weinstein--Blues for Janice--Straight No Chaser--Jazzheads
Mike Clinco--Amalgam--Neon--Whaling City
Don Pullen/George Adams--Mr. Smoothie--Breakthrough--Blue Note

Clifford Brown--I Cover the Waterfront--Clifford Brown in Paris--Prestige
World Sax Quartet--For Lester--Dances and Ballads--Electra/Nonesuch
Phil Ranelin--Blue Bossa--Living a New Day--Wide Hive

Roger Kellaway--Cottontail--Live at the Jazz Standard--IPO
Jimmie Lunceford--Flaming Reeds & Screaming Brass--Lunceford
Special--Columbia
Gil Evans--Just One of Those Things--Evans & Ten--Prestige/OJC

Carl Allen/Rodney Whitaker--Work to Do--Work to Do--Mack Avenue
Scott Amendola--Streetbeat--Cry--CryptoGramophone
Esperanza Spalding--Too Bad--Junjo--Ayva

Joe Farrell--Follow Your Heart--Song of the Wind--CTI
Randy Weston--Penny Packer Blues--African Rhythms/Blue--1750 Arch
Minsarah--Child's Play--Minsarah--enja
Lightnin' Hopkins--Black Cadillac--Walkin' this Road By Myself--Ace

Romero Lubambo--I Fall in Love Too Easily--Softly--MaxJazz