[JPL] Tribute to Aretha CD?

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Fri Sep 4 03:05:25 EDT 2009

Project A is a tribute to Lady Soul all the way.  Aretha recorded all of
the tunes included on this set, and titles like Spirit in the Dark,
Don't Play That Song, Love the One You're With, The House That Jack
Built, and Rock Steady are among the best known sides from her Atlantic
years.  Joel Frahm and Bruce Katz also dug into her gospel records and
her early 60's Columbia recordings for material.

Tom Reney