[JPL] PLAYLIST Week of 08/30/09 WGMC JAZZ 90.1 Spectrum-Motown Tribute

Derrick Lucas derrick at jazz901.org
Sun Sep 6 02:22:12 EDT 2009

MOTOWN GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY  JAZZ TRIBUTE

Marcus Strickland-You’ve Got It Bad Girl

Harold Mabern-I Want You Back-From Memphis

Marvin Gaye-Trouble Man-Trouble Man

Marvin Gaye-Right On-What’s Going On

Grover Washington Jr.-Masterpiece-Soul Box

Grover Washington Jr-Mercy Mercy Me-Inner City Blues

Houston Person-Just My Imagination-Person to Person

Sophie Milman-Rocket Love-Make Someone Happy

Benny Golson-Love Me In a Special Way-New Time, New Tet

Teena Marie-Yes Indeed-It Must Be Magic

Teena Marie-Tune In Tomorrow-Irons In The Fire

Teena Marie-I’m Gonna Have My Cake-Wild and Peaceful

Kevin Mahogany-The Hunter Gets Captured by The Game-Pride and Joy

Isaac Hayes-Never Can Say Goodbye-Black Moses

Four Tops-It’s All In The Game-Still Waters Run Deep

Hank Mobley-Reach Out-Reach Out

Rahsaan Roland Kirk-What’s Going On-Blacknuss

Rahsaan Roland Kirk-My Girl-Brotherman in The Fatherland

Stanley Turrentine-Don’t Mess With Mr.T- Don’t Mess With Mr.T

Woody Herman Orchestra-Isn’t She Lovely

Stan Kenton-Too Shy To Say-Street of Dreams

Aretha Franklin-Tracks of My Tears-Soul’69

Carl Allen/Rodney Whitiker-With You I’m Born Again-Work to Do

Carl Allen/Rodney Whitiker-Inner City Blues-Get Ready

Lou Rawls-You’ve Made Me So Very Happy-You’ve Made Me So Very Happy

Little Stevie Wonder-The Masquerade is Over-12 Year Old Genius Recorded Live

Freddie Cole-Still-This Love of Mine

Charles Earland-Message From a Black Man-Live at The Key Club