[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Sept 5,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 6 10:00:41 EDT 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sept 5,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Sept 5, 2009

Hour 1

WMU ADVANCED JAZZ COMBO - "Love For Sale" - Rhythm Spirit - (Sea Breeze Vista)

RICKY SWEUM - "Yesterday's Tomorrow" - Pulling Your Own Strings - (Origin)

BEN NEUMAN - "26-2" - Introductions - (Origin)

JON ALBERTS/JEFF JOHNSON/TAD BRITTON - "Green Dolphin Street" - Apothecary - (Origin)

SOUTH NINE ENSEMBLE - "Chill" - Doing It Augie Style - (indep)

CLIFFORD BROWN/MAX ROACH - "What Is This Thing Called Love - At Basin Street - (Emarcy)

DAVID SANBORN - "Please Send Me Someone to Love" - Here and Gone - (Decca)

Hour 2

HEATH BROTHERS - "Changes" - Endurance - (Jazz Legacy Productions)

TYRONE JACKSON - "Gospelizin" - Another Voyage - (Hot Shoe)

TOM BRANTLEY - "Exemption" - Boneyard - (Summit)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Cattin" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

JOE BAIONE - "Oh Yeah" - Oh Yeah - (indep)

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "River Song" - Hometown - (Positone)

TIM WARFIELD - "Sometimes You Just Gotta Let the People Know" - One For Shirley - (Criss Cross)

Hour 3

GAIL PETTIS - "Help a Good Girl Go Bad" - May I Come In - (Origin)

KRISTIN KORB - "You Fascinate Me So" - In the Meantime - (Double K)
ELLI FORDYCE - "They Can't Take That Away From Me" - Something Still Cool - (indep)

AUDREY SHAKIR INTERVIEW PT 1

AUDREY SHAKIR - "If You Could See Me Now" - If You Could See Me Now - (Hot Shoe)

SARAH PARTRIDGE - "Roll 'Em Pete" - You Are There - (Nagel Heyer)

MADELEINE PEYROUX - "I'll Look Around" - Careless Love - (Rounder)

JAMIE DAVIS - "If You Want Me To Stay" - Vibe Over Perfection - (indep)

CARMEN MCRAE - "Get It Straight" - Carmen Sings Monk - (Novus)

FREDDY COLE - "You're My Thrill" - Because of You - (Highnote)

AUDREY SHAKIR INTERVIEW PT 2

AUDREY SHAKIR - "Birk's Works" - If You Could See Me Now - (Hot Shoe)

MARLENE VERPLANCK - "I've Got You Under My Skin" - Once There Was a Moon - (Audiophile)

KENNY BURRELL - "Stormy Monday/Blues For the Count" - 75th Anniversary Bash - (Blue Note)

MOSE ALLISON - "Wild Man On the Loose" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM