[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise Sept. 6, 2009

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 6 19:18:08 EDT 2009

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 4-6 pm
Sept. 6, 2009

Remembering Chris Connor
1) Chris Connor-Riding High (This Is Chris)
2) Chris Connor-Lullaby of Birdland (Lullabys of Birdland)
3) Chris Connor-Speak Low (Miss You So)
4) Chris Connor-The Thrill Is Gone (This Is Chris)
5) Chris Connor-When Sunny Gets Blue (Witchcraft)
6) Chris Connor-Chiquita From Chi-Wah-Wah (Lullabys of Birdland)
7) Chris Connor-Lonely Woman (Atlantic Jazz Singers)
8) Chris Connor-I Concentrate On You (This Is Chris)
9) Chris Connor-Goodbye (Lullabys of Birdland)

10) Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band-I'm Beboppin' Too (I'm Beboppin' Too)
11) Terence Blanchard-Hacia del Arie (Choices)
12) Mimi Jones-Watch Your Step (A New Day)

13) Quartet San Francisco-The Duke (QSF Plays Brubeck)
14) Fred Simon-In A Silent Way (Since Forever)
15) Hemispheres-Spirits of Another Sort (Crossroads)
16) Louis Sclavis-De Charybde en Scylla (Lost On The Way)

Mystery Musician Quiz: Claire Martin [birthday]
17) Claire Martin-Gentleman Friend (Old Boyfriends)
18) Claire Martin-Some Other Time (Off Beat)

19) Paul Motian-Something I Dreamed Last Night (On Broadway Vol. 5)
20) Michael Bellar-Squashing Pollyanna (Turned On Turned Up)
21) Jim Black-Inkionas (Houseplant)
22) Rez Abassi-Things To Come (Things To Come)

23) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com