[JPL] Ty Bailey's 09.06.09 "JUST JAZZ" Play List @ WVST - FM Virginia State University

Ty Bailey tybaprod at comcast.net
Sun Sep 6 21:48:36 EDT 2009

Ty Bailey

Producer/Announcer

"JUST JAZZ"

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews Available @
<http://www.tybailey.com/> www.tybailey.com

"Just Jazz" is a weekly JAZZ program aired on Public Radio WVST (91.3 FM) on

Sunday night from 8 -10 PM. It showcases the best in JAZZ. Current releases,

reissues and selections from past great recordings are the weekly focus.

Recording information that is both enlightening and educational is provided
for

the listener. "Just Jazz" is streamed 24 hours daily at www.tybailey.com
with a

new show available weekly.

Most Recent Show and Play List is for 09.06.09

ARTIST_____TUNE_______ALBUM

First Segment

George Benson_ Nuttin' But A Party _Songs and Stories

Stefon Harris& Blackout_ Tanktified_Urbanu

Cyrus Chestnut_ Wade in the Water_ Spirit

Second Segment

Andy Martin_ M.B.E. Blues_ Setting The Standards

David Widelock Trio_ Chitchat_ Skating On The Sidewalk

George Benson_ Someday Well All Be Free _Songs and Stories

Third Segment

Lisa Hilton_ Pandemonium_ Twilight & Blues

Heath Brothers_ From a Lonely Bass_Endurance

Etienne Charles_ Lost In the Bronx_ Culture Shock

Fourth Segment

John Pondel_ The Jody Grind_ John Pondel

Mark Buselli w/BWJO_ Artificial Bebop_ An Old Soul

Kenny & Leah_ You And The Night And The Music_ You And The Night And The
Music

Fifth Segment

The Monterey Quartet_ Step To It _ Live At The 2007 Monterey Jazz

Melissa Morgan_ The More I See You _Until I Met You

Herb Alpert & Lani Hall Live_ Let's Face The Music & Dance _ Anything Goes

Sixth Segment

Donald Malloy _ Oba _Spirituality

Jon Mayer_ Rapture_ Nightscape

Carol Duboc w Hubert Laws_ Anyone Who Had A Heart _ Burt Bacharach Song Book

Terence Blanchard- Jazz Man In The World Of Ideas_ Choices

Terence Blanchard_ Him Or Me_ Choices

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews

FOR JULY 2009

@

www.tybailey.com

*	Michael Wolff - Joe's Strut - Wrong Records RONGO16-2
*	Kurt Elling - Dedicated To You - Dedicated to You: Kurt Elling Sings
the Music of Coltrane and Hartman - Concord Jazz -CJA31314-02
*	Omar Sosa - Across the Divide: A Tale of Rhythm & Ancestry - Half
Note 4538
*	Marion Meadows - Secrets - Heads Up HUCD 3150
*	Kermit Ruffins - Livin' a Treme' Life - Basin Street Records BSR
0107-2
*	Spyro Gyra - Down The Wire - Heads Up HUCD 3154
*	Lori Mechem Quartet - Plays More- Count Basie- April In Paris -
Cognito Records
*	Melissa Morgan - Until I Met You- Telarc Jazz - CD83684
*	Larry Slezak - No Worries - Tierra
*	Gary Burton- Quartet Live - Concord Jazz CJA31303-02
*	Jake Langley - Here and Now - Tone PoetProd TPCD2012
*	Rick Germanson Trio -Off The Cuff - OWL Records 00127
*	Joey DeFrancesco - Finger Popin'- Doodlin
*	Charles Tolliver Big Band - Emperor March - Half Note4539
*	John Scofield - Piety Street - EmArccy - B0012656-02
*	Red Holloway - Go Red Go! - Delmark DE585
*	Derrick Gardner & The Jazz Prophets + 2 - Echoes Of Ethniticity -
OWL Records OWL 00129
*	Terrence Brewer - Groovin Wes - Strong Brew SBM 04-0109
*	Jack DeJohnette - Music We Are - Golden Beam KRM-CD 1150
*	Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band - I'm BeBoppin' Too- Half Note
Records 4540
*	Paul Meyers- World On A String -Miles High MHR 8608
*	Chip White - More Dedications Volume II - Dark Colors 103
*	Kyle Asche - Organ Trio - "Blues For Mel"- Tippin' Records Tip 1106